PANIC! - The Byes ARE back for 2012

Started by ossie85, October 19, 2011, 03:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: newfreofan on October 20, 2011, 06:55:18 PM
I agree it will be likely they'll have 16 teams with the 3 league byes in those rounds. I mean if they move DT and SC leagues to 18 teams to match the AFL it'll screw up the top 8 / bottom 8 finals system they have. Move along people, nothing to see here...

Would mean there would have to be 4 byes, not three. Cos of 23 rounds

And who cares about the bottom 8 finals? They can just make 17th and 18th play off for spoon

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on October 20, 2011, 06:58:08 PM
Quote from: newfreofan on October 20, 2011, 06:55:18 PM
I agree it will be likely they'll have 16 teams with the 3 league byes in those rounds. I mean if they move DT and SC leagues to 18 teams to match the AFL it'll screw up the top 8 / bottom 8 finals system they have. Move along people, nothing to see here...

Would mean there would have to be 4 byes, not three. Cos of 23 rounds

And who cares about the bottom 8 finals? They can just make 17th and 18th play off for spoon
Or just two miss miss out completely. :P

I'm sure the fantasy high guys will find a way to get around it. ;)

browny_wce

jimmytigs

well if leagues are 16 teams its easy,no play on rounds 11/12/13 & 23 gf rd 22 so we kill that other last round joke off as well,if its 18 teams we have no league play in 2 of rounds 11/12/13 we keep squads of 33 & 24 trades & along with knowing the 6 missing teams on that 1 round of play we should be able to get by(pardon the pun)maybe allow 4 trades to be used that 1 week only.

If its 16 teams & we dont play those 3 rounds that will be golden for people on the ball,imagine 3 rounds mid season where no trades necessary,will make every attempt to get through first 10 rounds using 1-4 trades only then being well set after the byes,only the dummies who blast through trades will really suffer(AS USUAL)

PowerBug

Or maybe we can just have a bye round one as usual, and people can work around this seemingly impossible situation. :P

Everyone cops a zero here and there. Just this time we'll see the highest score drop. I say play through the rounds.

Another option: Make it 16 trades for the whole season, but you get 15 trades (5 per week) before rounds 11, 12, 13.

Ringo

Guys do not how many of you are looking at teams with byes involved.  I have been doing my head in for most of the day to come up with permutations etc.
In the bye rounds there are 6 Teams each week and it is virtually impossible to field a starting 22.
My Team at the moment Round 11 8 out, Round 12 7 out, Round 13 12 out with three rookies to slot in when drafted.
See the dilemma we face.  Did not seem to bad when first mooted but after some analysis neigh impossible. Oss even with your suggestion of picking games during the byes for SC I can only come up with a maximum combo of 8 games not 9.

Just have to sit tight and wait for the rules to come.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Ringo on October 19, 2011, 05:09:08 PM
If the AFL go this way Simple Solution will be no FF for rounds 11,12 & 13 Bye Rounds.

That way Integrity of competion is respected for overall.  lThere is merit in Ossies suggestion and it is workable for Round 11 & 12 with the three games to be nominated for round 12 prior to Round 11 with Captains and Vice Captain lock out at start but partial lock out on players for Round 12. Should be able to identify three games early to apply.

Will wait to see draw as my mathematical brain fails to see how this can be accomplished and still have a fair draw but I suppose we do not have a fair draw as it is.  Another interesting paragraph in the announcement is all teams to travel interstate at least 5 times!!

I have a simple idea. Stuff having 18 teams in your league, make it 17. This way, you can play everyone once, have a four week final series and have three weeks off in the middle of the season. Remember the KISS principle: Keep it Simple Stupid.

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 06:29:31 PM
If the AFL go this way Simple Solution will be no FF for rounds 11,12 & 13 Bye Rounds.

That way Integrity of competion is respected for overall.  lThere is merit in Ossies suggestion and it is workable for Round 11 & 12 with the three games to be nominated for round 12 prior to Round 11 with Captains and Vice Captain lock out at start but partial lock out on players for Round 12. Should be able to identify three games early to apply.

Will wait to see draw as my mathematical brain fails to see how this can be accomplished and still have a fair draw but I suppose we do not have a fair draw as it is.  Another interesting paragraph in the announcement is all teams to travel interstate at least 5 times!!

I have a simple idea. Stuff having 18 teams in your league, make it 17. This way, you can play everyone once, have a four week final series and have three weeks off in the middle of the season. Remember the KISS principle: Keep it Simple Stupid.

Not with 17 you can't. You have to play 16 games AND a bye, so is effectively the same as 18.

16 would fix it though, I agree.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on November 19, 2011, 06:42:32 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 06:29:31 PM

Not with 17 you can't. You have to play 16 games AND a bye, so is effectively the same as 18.

16 would fix it though, I agree.

Ah, yes, forgot about that weekly bye.

16 would fix it.