The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherSaints

Did I get in around first, c4

Maca24

I'll take Ben Howlett with my next pick. (After Hilly)

Boomz

Interesting maca O.o bit early I would have thought...

MajorLazer

I like the idea of homeground advantage. Maybe sometyhing like 10 or 20 points though.

Also, just spitballing, but what about an idea of an actual leadership group where your captain has to come out of that group every week. So you have 5 people in your leadership group and your captain can only be one of them each week.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MajorLazer on November 11, 2011, 07:24:02 PM
Also, just spitballing, but what about an idea of an actual leadership group where your captain has to come out of that group every week. So you have 5 people in your leadership group and your captain can only be one of them each week.
A interesting suggestion indeed!! I'm all for it as it'll make the games much more interesting!

Too lazy to PM you now C4 :P.

FisherSaints

Maybe, for leadership group, start with 2 or 3 and build it up, so you have say 8 max

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on November 11, 2011, 04:21:50 PM
The Seoul Magpies, in order to save money, has signed a Co-Tennancy agreement with the Korean Republic National Football team and FC Seoul to play it's 8 home matches at the beautiful

Seoul World Cup Stadium:

A capacity of almost 67,000. Hopefully the fans will flock!
How can they play AFL in that? The stadium is for soccer so a completely different shape!
Or does the WXV play on a different pitch since there are less people?

ossie85

Smaller pitch less people!

And the leadership group I was thinking the same thing!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 11, 2011, 08:02:07 PM
The Seoul Magpies, in order to save money, has signed a Co-Tennancy agreement with the Korean Republic National Football team and FC Seoul to play it's 8 home matches at the beautiful

Seoul World Cup Stadium:

How can they play AFL in that? The stadium is for soccer so a completely different shape!

I'm happy to pretend its a perfectly good stadium if you are...  ;)

Holz

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 11, 2011, 08:48:44 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on November 11, 2011, 08:02:07 PM

Seoul World Cup Stadium:

I'm happy to pretend its a perfectly good stadium if you are...  ;)

i have a rectangle stadium also but at least mine is a rugby/Gaelic pitch so its slightly bigger. I think if the AFL was actually going to branch overseas they would need to make it a smaller pitch. Remember it is 13 a side with 2 subs so a rugby pitch should be big enough for that.

CrowsFan

Breaking News
We cross to head coach of the Sao Paulo Pumas, CrowsFan, for this press conference.

"Ladies and gentlemen, people of the media. Yesterday we at Sao Paulo revealed the official club logo and uniform. We were very pleased with the designs, however we did not anticipate the disapproval that we got from the supporters of the club. They were disappointed with the uniform and wanted a change. The Pumas are happy to accommodate the wishes of the fans at such an early time in our excistence as we don't want to lose their support. With that in mind we have changed the design of the shirt to a more pleasing look. The colour scheme has been kept the same however, as the public said they were very happy with that.

So without further ado please welcome our two newest recruits, Jarryd Blair and Bernie Vince as they model the redesigned shirt."

"Thank you for your time."

c4v3m4n

Loving the redesigned shirt CF!  :D

Awesome work.

Maca24

Nice CF. Similar to hawthorns away strip but a puma instead of a hawk ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on November 11, 2011, 09:45:25 PM
Nice CF. Similar to hawthorns away strip but a puma instead of a hawk ;)
And Pumas are way tougher than Hawks ;)

Holz