The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Pick 18 in the National drat sucks, but worth it to have Pendles :D

Taking my picks now...

CrowsFan

We are getting word that head coach of the Sao Paulo Pumas, CrowsFan, has called a press conference. We cross there now to see what he has to say.

"Ladies and gentlemen, people of the press, I have gathered you here today to discuss what has been going on in Sao Paulo other than the drafting of the team.

First off we are pleased to announce that the Pumas have picked up 2 major sponsors for the inaugural season of the World XV competition. The first sponsor is locally based airline company Avianca Brasil. Although it is a small airline in comparison to the world leaders we are pleased to get them on board as we share the same aim of becoming a world leader in our disciplines.

For our major sponsor we are extremely excited to announce that we have managed to capture the second largest banking corporation in Brazil, Banco Bradesco. This bank is held in high regard in Brazil and they will be funding most of our endeavors such as building a training centre and stadium in Sao Paulo.

On to other news now and we a happy to reveal today what the logo and team strip for the Sao Paulo Pumas will be. We have had a team of artists working on both the logo and strip night and day, and after many ideas were thrown out the window they finally came to an agreement on the designs. A logo had been leaked a few weeks ago however this is not the real logo, although it was very similar. And so without further ado here is the Pumas team logo!"

"Now on to the strip. We wanted to make sure the strip would represent Brazil, and so the colours used were those that all Brazilian sporting teams use, namely yellow, blue and green. We were also able to get Nike as the shirt maker, so we know it is made to the highest quality, whilst using recycled products. Ah here comes Gary, Daniel and Hamish now wearing the new strip."

"Well folks that is all we have time for today as I have to go salsa dancing! Thank you for your attendance."

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 10, 2011, 08:13:53 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 10, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
I'm going to pick someone who is already bookmarked, as I won't get another shotmat him after these two picks. From Geelong, I take:

Nathan Vardy.

oh FFS!!! Not happy...... *sigh*

The purple picks aren't you to much unfortunately, thats why im not putting any in.  Im planning on sniping a couple other purple picks.

c4v3m4n

Looks like the Pacific Islanders have started a trend...

...soon everyone will have logos, guernseys, sponsors and stadiums! lol :P

I wonder if anyone will copy my next project...  ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on November 10, 2011, 07:58:16 PM

Taking my picks now...
Very hard to decide aye :P.

Don't think it's your pick Q!!! Can delete it or place a bid on him for your next pick ;).

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 10, 2011, 08:23:33 PM

Taking my picks now...

Don't think it's your pick Q!!! Can delete it or place a bid on him for your next pick ;).

There was a slight miscommunication error. It has been rectified.  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 10, 2011, 08:24:15 PM
yeah they're not workin for me  are they? lol. But i think its a fun aspect of this draft and i like doing it so....

IF ANY TAKES THIS MOTHER FUDGIN PLAYER

I bid on Jordan Roughead with my 14th pick
I have been considering him for quite some time. Wouldn't I be a tad annoying if I took Lobbe, West AND Roughead? :P.

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 10, 2011, 08:23:33 PM

Taking my picks now...

Woops my mistake  :-[ Well if anyone saw that he is our next pick... Confirmed.

Holz

yeah they're not workin for me  are they? lol. But i think its a fun aspect of this draft and i like doing it so....

well i have no interest in him

CrowsFan

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 10, 2011, 08:23:19 PM
Looks like the Pacific Islanders have started a trend...

...soon everyone will have logos, guernseys, sponsors and stadiums! lol :P

I wonder if anyone will copy my next project...  ;D
To be fair I had already designed a logo long before you joined the comp :P
Also was going to get around to doing a shirt eventually and since the shirt has sponsors on it I just had to make up why they were there ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 10, 2011, 08:27:28 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 10, 2011, 08:26:04 PM

I have been considering him for quite some time. Wouldn't I be a tad annoying if I took Lobbe, West AND Roughead? :P.
I dare you...... DO IT! Lets see what happens lol
Was wondering why you quoted Holz :P. I have others ahead of him now if things go my way ;).

CrowsFan

Taking my picks now...
How long do you need RB?  :P

Justin Bieber

Would anybody be against me relocating from Paris?

roo boys!

Calm down CF, it was a very tough pick :P

I'll take with my first pick, Captain of the Adelaide Crows and I'm surprised he fell this far:
Nathan van Berlo

Justin Bieber

Nice RB. Was considering him myself, potential as a B/C (although slim hope) :-X.