The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 07:58:06 PM
In regards to your idea meow, I am also warming to it.

Eg. You want John Smith with pick 105 while it is currently pick 90.
Would it just be like anyone with an earlier pick can snipe John Smith until we reach pick 105, then he is yours?

If thats the case, then I think I understand :P

Spot on.

It would be silly to tell everyone that you're taking Smith at 105, unless you are going to be away, or maybe you're playing games and trying to tempt people/ putting the pressure on them.
yep I understand. I probably wouldn't use the idea unless it was in desperation to get someone who had little chance of getting back to me :P
But I quite like it, could make things more interesting.

meow meow

It might annoy some people, and I guess that's what I am aiming to do haha. Nobody has to use this option if they don't want to. However, they might have their eye on someone, and have a pick before me that they could have used to take the player I want, but I alerted everyone to the fact that they are available, thus making me the bad guy when both of us miss out.

Justin Bieber

I understand the idea and you'd either like it or not :P. If it's optional, I'm all for it as I guess annoying some people now could be fun with most of the stars gone ;D.

ossie85

Think it should be any and all rounds meow meow :)

I'm a yes. No disadvantage to anyone, and it's no different to someone stating who they want....

Maca24

I'm also a yes. as HP said, now that the stars are gone I don't care as much.
If you do use this though, is the person you choose locked in and can't be changed unless they get sniped from you?

meow meow

Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 08:44:42 PM
If you do use this though, is the person you choose locked in and can't be changed unless they get sniped from you?

I'd say yes. It will enable us to lock them in and go straight to the next pick, which is pretty much why I suggested it.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 08:56:10 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 08:44:42 PM

I'd say yes. It will enable us to lock them in and go straight to the next pick, which is pretty much why I suggested it.
Yes I agree :)

meow meow

I guess it's up to me to show everyone how this is going to work. So I nominate my 11th pick to be used on Joel Corey.

Ossie, If you wouldn't mind adding him to the list next to my name. Make his name in blue or something so everyone knows he is still available if they want to steal him from my clutches.

Maca24

I'll nominate Jarrad McVeigh with my 11th pick.
Just to try the system out :P

meow meow

Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 09:33:39 PM

Your chances of getting McVeigh just improved by 5.5% since I (or someone else) are going to use a pick on Corey before your pick. Gotta be pretty thrilled about that! You also now know that you have 0% chance of getting Corey. Everyone before us knows that they have to use one of their picks before us if they intend on securing either of these two gentlemen.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 09:40:39 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 09:33:39 PM

Your chances of getting McVeigh just improved by 5.5% since I (or someone else) are going to use a pick on Corey before your pick. Gotta be pretty thrilled about that! You also now know that you have 0% chance of getting Corey. Everyone before us knows that they have to use one of their picks before us if they intend on securing either of these two gentlemen.

ossie85

Well, there goes those 2 players from my short list lol!

Front page updated

My Chumps

So crok is skipped?

Sorry Maca, but I've had McVeigh lined up this pick for a while... :P

I'll take Jarred McVeigh

CrowsFan

Crok was meant to have another 40 minutes but highly doubt he will come online so yeah he is skipped.
That means that since you take McVeigh, Jeff is now up :)

My Chumps

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 04, 2011, 10:40:22 PM
Crok was meant to have another 40 minutes but highly doubt he will come online so yeah he is skipped.
That means that since you take McVeigh, Jeff is now up :)
Yeah, considering he hasn't been on for fleeping ages, I thought I'd just do it  :P