The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 06:00:38 PM
I'm happy with how things are now, even if it is slow.

Ossie, how many rounds of drafting will it take before every possible player is drafted?

40ish....

Maca24

We are about a 1/4 of the way then :P

Not bad progress. Once this is done, then I'd suggest running the National Draft and Preseason Draft at the same time.

Justin Bieber

I'd say after maybe 25-35 through guess we could go by teams if you'd like Oss. Will speed things up a tad ;).

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 05:45:22 PM
I'm not saying we have to use the bidding system. Just make it available if people choose to use it. It will create a situation where there could be a bit of heat between a coach who nominates someone, only to have that player poached by another coach. What can I say, I'm an anarchist.
Haha ;D. It'll certainly kick start some rivalries. Dang LadyBug >:(.

FisherSaints

Can someone set up a teams topic

meow meow

So nobody likes my idea?

An example:
I post that i want to use my round 11 pick on John Smith. Ossie could pencil him in on the first post (in a different colour) next to my pick. He's still available for anyone to pick, but if nobody has taken him by the time my pick rolls around, he is automatically taken by me. I can't change my mind either, as that will prevent people from making false nominations. It would speed things up a bit.

Plus I do like the rivalry factor. Let's say someone takes John Smith before me, then they nominate someone else. Because the next round will be in reverse order, it gives me the chance for revenge. Also, if only me and one other coach are aware that John Smith has not been taken, and I bring it to everyones attention and someone else picks him, the other coach in the know would also be annoyed at me. More rivalry.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 06:26:04 PM
So nobody likes my idea?

An example:
I post that i want to use my round 11 pick on John Smith. Ossie could pencil him in on the first post (in a different colour) next to my pick. He's still available for anyone to pick, but if nobody has taken him by the time my pick rolls around, he is automatically taken by me. I can't change my mind either, as that will prevent people from making false nominations. It would speed things up a bit.

Plus I do like the rivalry factor. Let's say someone takes John Smith before me, then they nominate someone else. Because the next round will be in reverse order, it gives me the chance for revenge. Also, if only me and one other coach are aware that John Smith has not been taken, and I bring it to everyones attention and someone else picks him, the other coach in the know would also be annoyed at me. More rivalry.
No thanks. I like things as they are. To stressful like that lol.

@Fisher - Look on the first page  ::)

ossie85

Is an interesting idea meow meow! But I'm too secretive about my selections :)

My Chumps

Wait, so is it my selection now?  ???  :P

meow meow

Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 06:54:00 PM

Is an interesting idea meow meow! But I'm too secretive about my selections :)

You wouldn't have to reveal your hand if you didn't want to. The only chance of your player being poached would be if someone else with a later pick than you nominated them, but someone else jumped in ahead of both of you. You could blame the person who nominated them if you wanted to, but you don't know if the person who selected them would have done it anyway or not.

I only thought about it because of crok taking Jamo so early. If he had nominated him for that round, nobody would have taken him anyway, and we wouldn't have had to wait for crok to take his pick. If he did something similar for this round, he wouldn't be disadvantaged by being skipped for a late pick.

ossie85

Quote from: My Chumps on November 04, 2011, 06:55:57 PM

Nah, not yet. Feel free to send me your pick though!

You know I think I like your idea meow meow, feel free to do it. I can't see the harm. Will PM people

Boomz

Don't completely get your idea meow but I think it's better to keep it simple...

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 07:15:49 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on November 04, 2011, 06:55:57 PM

Nah, not yet. Feel free to send me your pick though!
Na should be right, I'll probably be on tonight  :)

meow meow

Quote from: BOOMZ on November 04, 2011, 07:21:56 PM
Don't completely get your idea meow but I think it's better to keep it simple...

It is simple. The only downside is that I may alert others that there is a good player still available, and they will jump in and select them before me. If they don't, then my pick is automatically used on the nominated player when my pick is due.

Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 07:15:49 PM
You know I think I like your idea meow meow, feel free to do it. I can't see the harm. Will PM people

It's a definite yes? Should we make it for any/every round, or just the 1 or 2 coming up?

Maca24

In regards to your idea meow, I am also warming to it.

Eg. You want John Smith with pick 105 while it is currently pick 90.
Would it just be like anyone with an earlier pick can snipe John Smith until we reach pick 105, then he is yours?

If thats the case, then I think I understand :P

meow meow

Quote from: Maca24 on November 04, 2011, 07:58:06 PM
In regards to your idea meow, I am also warming to it.

Eg. You want John Smith with pick 105 while it is currently pick 90.
Would it just be like anyone with an earlier pick can snipe John Smith until we reach pick 105, then he is yours?

If thats the case, then I think I understand :P

Spot on.

It would be silly to tell everyone that you're taking Smith at 105, unless you are going to be away, or maybe you're playing games and trying to tempt people/ putting the pressure on them.