The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

KK! Looks like a "no" so far.... Fair enough.

My concern is what happens if a team gets too strong? Fear that people would lose interest.

Thoughts?

And My Chumps can pick because crok was online. But how can you punish My Chumps when crok hadn't taken his pick yet?

ossie85

And carltonrok hasn't been on since 8AM YESTERDAY... what you talking about PB? lol

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 02:15:02 PM

And carltonrok hasn't been on since 8AM YESTERDAY... what you talking about PB? lol
Oops, that's what i meant oss.  :-[

Isn't Crok's pick a late pick anyway?? So MC was after Sid, and since he was online after Sid picked then.....

Or have i made a mistake??

ossie85

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 02:13:38 PM

My concern is what happens if a team gets too strong? Fear that people would lose interest.

Thoughts?

And My Chumps can pick because crok was online. But how can you punish My Chumps when crok hadn't taken his pick yet?

Don't think we should punish someone if they can manage that. It's up to the managers to make the right choices. There are enough people waiting in the wings to replace them if people lose interest.

meow meow

Everyone should just PM me their next pick(s) whenever they are on and i'll whip through them in no time. I wouldn't try anything shifty, I swear

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BOOMZ on November 04, 2011, 02:21:21 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 04, 2011, 02:13:38 PM

Thoughts?
Don't think we should punish someone if they can manage that. It's up to the managers to make the right choices. There are enough people waiting in the wings to replace them if people lose interest.
I agree, especially with CF's point on keeping it simple. Maybe down the track we could try something like this, but for the trial first year, think we should see if we can get this off the ground with everything else :).

PowerBug

Yep, keep it simple :)

So whose turn is it?? And when does their 24 hours tick over??

CrowsFan

It is Croks pick. His 24 hours ends at 10.22 tonight ;)

ossie85

KK.

We've reserved the right to change the rules! We will call it the Andy Demetriou rule.

meow meow

We should introduce a f/s type bidding system. If people are willing to reveal who they are going to pick, and nobody else chips in and steals them, then their pick is automatically taken.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2011, 05:27:42 PM
We should introduce a f/s type bidding system. If people are willing to reveal who they are going to pick, and nobody else chips in and steals them, then their pick is automatically taken.
Would be better if we sent to picks to say Ossie (or non biased participant). Although, then how will we continue in a draft process which I find much fairer as some people haven't decided who they will pick yet (and minds change very easily).

meow meow

I'm not saying we have to use the bidding system. Just make it available if people choose to use it. It will create a situation where there could be a bit of heat between a coach who nominates someone, only to have that player poached by another coach. What can I say, I'm an anarchist.

ossie85

We will have excitement soon enough!

Once the Draft has occurred, think I'll run this draft and that draft simultaneously, unless people object?

Maca24

I'm happy with how things are now, even if it is slow.

Ossie, how many rounds of drafting will it take before every possible player is drafted?