The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yes, I think I know one of those players you're talking about. Geez, how did it get to this!

CrowsFan

Who are you talking about meow? PM me?

My Chumps

This may suprise some, and it's a pretty risky pick I will admit, but I love this bloke, the way he goes about his footy, his hair colour, and his brownlow medal speech  ;D

Adam Cooney.

Cape Town Cobras:

DEF: Grimes, Murphy
MID: Selwood, Watson, Cooney
FWD: Sylvia
RCK: Smith

Probably should have picked a forward...

Justin Bieber

I still don't have a Ruck so would probably need to choose one soon. Although, probably may as well postpone that for another couple of rounds :P.

ossie85

Nice pick MC!

carltonrok has a bit of a surprise...

he picks MICHAEL JAMISON

Sid is up

AFEV

ossie85

I'm a big fan of Stef Martin, good stuff.

Got through some picks tonight guys, well done

MajorLazer

I'm still thinking guys. Sorry for the delay.

MajorLazer

So I've decided on a new strategy. Pick guys I like. :P

Paul Puopolo.

PowerBug

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 28, 2011, 11:07:25 PM
So I've decided on a new strategy. Pick guys I like. :P

Paul Puopolo.
Good srategy, might have to try that myself. Oh wait, HP!!!!

I think i'll create a llist, will make things easier for when i pick. :)

Maca24

We are flying through!
Great job everyone  :)

ossie85

Just letting you know that come the AFL list lodgements on Monday, I will be posting a definitive list of players that can be drafted in this first draft. Hence the rules for selecting players have changed Slightly

Quote- Initial draft only counts for players who are on 2012 lists. If you pick a player that later retires or is delisted before the season starts, than you can take another player immediately (assuming there are players left). The U17 Mini Draft players CAN NOT be selected. Brendan Fevola can NOT be selected yet, as he was not traded to another team and is now no longer on a list.

I hope nobody has an objection to this.

I've also thought of a way to quicken the draft in the later stages, and would like your thoughts....

Once we've all chosen 16 players each (so a while away), what do you think of splitting the draft to be club focused? I.e. there will be an Adelaide Crows draft, a Brisbane Lions draft, a Carlton Blues draft, etc... This way we basically can have18 drafts going simultaneously.....

AFEV

For it to be honest. Would speed things up, and make for a lot of fun 8)

ossie85

In other news!

A night out on the town and crashed car has cost Cobra Colin Sylvia more than he bargained for.

Suspended not only for the 2 International Rules match and Round 1 of the AFL season, Sylvia will also miss the inaugural round of the World XVs competition for the Cape Town Cobras.

Cape Town Cobras coach My Chump is yet to comment on his wayward forward.

roo boys!

Well I picked up Ziebell who is going to miss the start of the season so it balances out if I play him first ;)