The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherSaints

meow meow

Probably baulking that L Franklin dud who was taken after 'bling in the draft.

Cookie Monster

meow meow

If (when) it gets to that, I don't think we should skip him again. He'll be penalised too much and at a disadvantage.

If it was crok doing this people would be calling for him to be replaced.

MajorLazer

CrowsFan

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 12, 2011, 12:41:39 AM
Who?

Think he plays for Port... Mature age pick up a season or so ago? might be thinking of someone else...

Ziplock

GWS from memory.

pre-listed player, kind of like giles, but not as developed. Will get some games, but will probs be the equivalent of gorringe this season- a lowish scorer, who's just getting blooded.

Ziplock

that's embarrassing. I was thinking of andrew phillips.

Well, theres a brief write up on andy phillips if anyone want it :P

meow meow

The Hawks have only 3 rookies. Heatherly, Panui-Leth, Tatupu, Bates, Caldwell, Codd-Miller, Dwyer, Kickett, Stewart should all be removed from the list of available players, as they are not on Hawthorn's list. The Hawks just get first crack at drafting them in the same way that Collingwood had first crack at Witts. They did not select them though.

Other teams have done what Collingwood did with Witts, but they have put them on their rookie lists instead of the senior list. They did the lists lodgements before the National draft, so they are available to be picked in this draft. Teams still have to use a pick on them to get them onto their rookie lists, much the same way as upgrading a rookie onto the senior list requires a pick. Those players and the pick used in the rookie draft are:

#54 - Geelong Cats - Mark Blicavs
#57 - Brisbane Lions - Richard Newell
#67 - Carlton - Matthew Lodge
#81 - Collingwood - Caolan Mooney
#87 - Collingwood - Michael Hartley
#89 - Adelaide Crows - Ben Dowdell
#90 - Richmond - John Heslin
#95 - Sydney Swans - Jack Lynch

Some people have already selected players on rookie lists. Callinan, Nicholson and Daw are still rookie listed at the moment.

All the other rookies are:
Adel - Martyn
Bris - Dyson, Harvey, McKeever
Carl - Bray, Carter
Coll - Cribbin, McNamara
Freo - Roberts
Haw - Langford, Schneider, Wanganeen
Melb - Evans, Lawrence
PA - Curnow, Irons, Jonas
Stk - Andreoli, Curren, Ferguson
Syd - Kruger, McNeil
WC - Hamp, McGovern
WB - Johannissen

Ess, GWS, GC, NM, Rich have no rookies.

So Ossie, you might want to put a (R) next to these guys so people know they're picking rookies.

meow meow

We will be 2 players short of being able to each have 39 picks in this draft. A couple of people can skip in the last round. We shouldn't be allowed to pass before then though, if we want everyone to be drafted and to keep the list numbers even. Or we could have 38 and the 16 leftovers go into the PS/rookie draft.

ossie85

Cheers meow, thanks for that. Will update the front page accordingly....

ossie85

Right. Have updated the list thanks to meow meow (someone a while ago told me about the Hawks, but must admit I didn't quite understand, so apologies).

And I'm sorry meow! Have removed Mooney (and Hartley) as being able to be selected, seemed like the fairest thing to do! Now available in the rookie draft....

Is that ok with anyone? I admit a bit inconsistent....

meow meow

Shouldn't they be available in this draft, since they were on the final list lodgements prior to the national draft?

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on December 12, 2011, 01:29:19 PM
Shouldn't they be available in this draft, since they were on the final list lodgements prior to the national draft?

The choice is between having two players removed from the list (Mooney, Hartley) or a whole bunch added to the list who should have been able to be selected....