The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

We should nominate a time that everyone is going to be online and whip through the picks. 2 minutes to decide or you double up next time it's your turn. Although, Round 1 is agessssssss away so dragging this out isn't so bad. This was quite a pointless post.

Holz

i like the idea of if you know you are not going to be on submit i list of 5 or 10 players in order that you want picked up to ossie and he can autopiick for you.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on October 22, 2011, 12:39:20 AM
We should nominate a time that everyone is going to be online and whip through the picks. 2 minutes to decide or you double up next time it's your turn. Although, Round 1 is agessssssss away so dragging this out isn't so bad. This was quite a pointless post.

lol! Yeah, we could try that! Might be difficult finding a decent time, but I would prefer....

Quote from: Holzman on October 22, 2011, 02:28:56 AM
i like the idea of if you know you are not going to be on submit i list of 5 or 10 players in order that you want picked up to ossie and he can autopiick for you.

This. And if we want to find someone neutral, we can.

ossie85

Think it adds to the fun if we choose our draft picks ourselves! But nothing to stop you picking the highest drafted player :)

As for a trade week, am open to it!.. But think all trades need to be approved by the group

What do the masses think?

I reckon at a certain point if people are tired of drafting we can randomly distribute players.... but also up for debate :)

Justin Bieber

Yep, trade needs to be approved so we don't get any crazy ones like in the Simulator :P.

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on October 22, 2011, 09:41:47 AM

Think it adds to the fun if we choose our draft picks ourselves! But nothing to stop you picking the highest drafted player :)

As for a trade week, am open to it!.. But think all trades need to be approved by the group

What do the masses think?

I reckon at a certain point if people are tired of drafting we can randomly distribute players.... but also up for debate :)
I think the draft is progressing along okay for the most part.

I like the idea of a trade week after the draft, so we can finalise our squads. As for approval, each persons opinion is going to be different on certain players so it would be hard to judge whether or not a trade is 'fair'.
Besides, I think everyone will be taking this a bit more seriously than the 'AFL trade and draft simulation'....

I also agree on selecting our own draftees.
Just one blokes opinion  ;)

PowerBug

Wait no trade week after the draft, please. Those that have either been on the chat or have seen the simulator would know why. Maybe we could make it a mximum 3 trades from each team, but no trade week.

CrowsFan

So what is happening here? Do I still have to wait for pot to make a pick even though he has been online?

Ossie what I found worked well when doing the AEPL draft (since we had to pick 135 players in 2 and a bit weeks) was we had the 24 hour clock, but if they had been online during that time they had 2 hours to make the pick and if they didn't they were skipped

ossie85

Yeah fair call CF,go ahead :(

pothead can pick anytime!

CrowsFan

Ok well since everyone is picking ruckmen I might as well get one before I am left with someone rubbish. So I will pick Sam Jacobs and hope the other guy I want lasts the next couple of picks.

Not sure how he will adapt to the Brazilian sun, I think he will need to take a lot of sunscreen with him ;)

ossie85

Nice pick CF! His stats are much better than I give him credit for

CrowsFan

Yeah I know. Averaged 92 this season and could improve again with a (hopefully) improving Adelaide team

ossie85

Hope the Crows make the finals, if only so the Pies have a guaranteed finals victory ;)

Anyways....

I'm fairly confident the player I really want last too pick 53 :(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on October 22, 2011, 01:06:30 PM
Nice pick CF! His stats are much better than I give him credit for
Dang :(. I had him in the top 3 ruckmen left. Was hoping nobody would notice how well he does SC wise :P.

I am fairly confident my 2 next picks won't last to me :(.

CrowsFan

Haha ossie the Pies do seem to perform pretty well against the Crows in finals!
And HP you didn't think I would notice that an Adelaide player was doing well in something? :P