The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Damn was wanting Saad. Was thinking he would slip a bit further though. I guess not :(

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 10, 2011, 01:23:56 AM
Damn was wanting Saad. Was thinking he would slip a bit further though. I guess not :(
Desperately needed to pick up a forward and I thought I'd take the punt on Ahmed. Hopefully it does pay off :-X

ossie85

All this talk about home games has got me thinking.... should we implement a home ground advantage? Not a huge one, say "double your lowest player's score?"

Loving all this btw :) Will work on my own!

WXVHQ will make an announcement shortly also.

c4v3m4n

>:( FLOWER. I was going to pick Saad.

Oh well.

I know I'm taking another older player, but he showed some amazing form last year and I need another good midfielder.

So, that said, the Pacific Islanders will take Simon Black with their next pick.

"I'm very excited to have been selected to play for this fantastic new franchise", Simon Black was quoted as saying. "I'm looking forward to not only playing but to mentoring the younger generation of players as they look to grow into this amazing game called Aussie Rules."

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2011, 06:27:54 AM

All this talk about home games has got me thinking.... should we implement a home ground advantage? Not a huge one, say "double your lowest player's score?"

Loving all this btw :) Will work on my own!

WXVHQ will make an announcement shortly also.

Home ground advantage...I like it!  ;D

meow meow

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2011, 06:27:54 AM

I like the sound of this 8)
As long as the advantage isn't so large that it becomes impossible to win away games :P

ossie85

Since there are 17 rounds, there would have to be 8 home, 8 away and 1 neutral match...

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2011, 07:40:08 AM

Since there are 17 rounds, there would have to be 8 home, 8 away and 1 neutral match...
Good idea.

And Oss, maybe we need a child board for 15s??

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on November 10, 2011, 10:18:56 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2011, 07:40:08 AM

Good idea.

And Oss, maybe we need a child board for 15s??

Not quite that big yet :) Only m0nty has that power, and I won't ask him....

c4v3m4n

A child board would be handy....

...like the FTP one but better.  ;D

ossie85

Change in availability. I know a lot of you will be disappointed by this, but ZAC DAWSON and JASON BLAKE have been (technically) delisted by St. Kilda and are no longer available to be drafted.

Nice to see that the Saints are confident that Blake won't be snapped up by another club! He could fit in well at the Giants...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125977/default.aspx

Also, at this stage assuming no more delistings, there will be another

27 ROUNDS after this one.

Meaning 39 rounds in total....

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2011, 11:50:15 AM
Change in availability. I know a lot of you will be disappointed by this, but ZAC DAWSON and JASON BLAKE have been (technically) delisted by St. Kilda and are no longer available to be drafted.

Nice to see that the Saints are confident that Blake won't be snapped up by another club! He could fit in well at the Giants...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125977/default.aspx

Also, at this stage assuming no more delistings, there will be another

27 ROUNDS after this one.

Meaning 39 rounds in total....

ossie do we really need that many rounds if we have 4 + 4 + 4 +1 +2 = 15 players playing each round not sure if we need a squad of 40.  Wouldn't a squad of say 25 work just fine that way you can have about 25 players you would want playing and about 5 rookies for the future and if you get unlucky you play rookies. I can imagine having 40 players on your list will make selections annoying and probably about 20 players will never get a game. If we have 40 players you can take risks and pick up alot of risky rookies, whereas if you have less you need to be more careful picking players.

i dont want to mess around with your idea as its great but i like the idea of say 25 players in your squad and 5 rookies who can be promoted if you have any long term injuries. 10 players should be enough to ride out the season, i doubt any team will almost have half the team injured. Also it means you cant go out and pick ever injury riks player.

ossie85

I think it will be difficult to get 15 players from the squad Holz.

15 players per team per round. Meaning on average each team will only have 7 other available players. It isn't like SC or DT where you have 30 players to choose from. And that isn't even considering position problems. Be a very rare team indeed to go through a season without any positional issues....

My Chumps

In need of a defender so I'll have James Gwilt please. 8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: My Chumps on November 10, 2011, 05:12:26 PM
In need of a defender so I'll have James Gwilt please. 8)
I had him high up for my defenders so nice pick 8).