The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

i just say give it too Stynes!

c4v3m4n

Quote from: FisherSaints on November 09, 2011, 06:21:22 PM
Does anyone know how to make a custom AFL jumper, not for AFL, but for the mighty New Delhi Tigers

Maybe...  :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 09, 2011, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: FisherSaints on November 09, 2011, 06:21:22 PM
Does anyone know how to make a custom AFL jumper, not for AFL, but for the mighty New Delhi Tigers

Maybe...  :P
Possibly... ;)

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 09, 2011, 07:38:47 PM
The captain planet medal........ lol

BTW holz, it doesn't really matter but its buggin me, you spelt destroyers wrong in your personal text  :P

haha thats what happens when you type when you are eating

PowerBug

BTW holz, it doesn't really matter but its buggin me, you spelt destroyers wrong in your personal text  :P
Yeah, i noticed that too in the FB. Very annoying ;D

C'mon ML, come online.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 09, 2011, 07:42:40 PM
Quote from: Holzman on November 09, 2011, 07:39:36 PM

haha thats what happens when you type when you are eating

:). Now everyone who reads your personal text will see it spelt correctly and think im....... special..... lol
Thats not the first thing that will make them think you are special :P.

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 09, 2011, 07:41:03 PM
I think we should have another picking hour, where everyone has to try and be online at the same time and we can pick fairly quickly
Good idea. :)

During school hours, as i'm pretty much always online then. ;D ;D

c4v3m4n

The Islanders press conference that is being held at the W15 headquarters will be held here LIVE, starting momentarily.

UPDATE: The World 15 League CEO, Islanders CEO Mark O'Connor, coach c4v3m4n and Islanders player, Chris Judd have arrived and are taking their seats.

Still no word about why this conference has been called....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all for coming again, to this important press conference", CEO Mark O'Connor said.

"Today we are proud to announce many new and exciting ventures, sponsors and products for this new franchise, as well as a slight rebranding of the club."

"Firstly, we are proud to announce that the Islanders have secured 4 stadiums, one each to be located in Nauru, Tonga, Samoa and of course Fiji to play games in the World 15 League for 2012."  ;D

"Linkbelt Oval in Aiwo, Nauru will serve as the home ground for the Islanders in the early stages of the competition. This ground will be immediately redeveloped to hold approximately 25,000 people, making it the largest stadium in the Pacific region. This stadium will be co-funded by the Islanders and the Government of Nauru, at a total cost of $14 million."

"The new venue will be state of the art, modern and iconic. It will be the first ever AFL stadium to be completely carbon-neutral, drawing all of its power from solar energy; something we are really proud and excited to deliver to the fans, the members and the public."

"New purpose built stadiums will also be built in Samoa, Tonga and Fiji."

"The Samoan stadium, tentatively named the Tuanaimato International Stadium, will be located at the Tuanaimato Sports Complex, in Tuanaimato, Samoa. This stadium will be built to seat 15,000 people and cost approximately $15 million dollars, part of which will be funded by the Government of Samoa. The stadium will be used not only for AFL football but for international cricket, soccer and rugby matches."

"The Tongan stadium, named Oakley Arena, will be built on the outskirts of the capital, Naku'alofa. Similarly to the Tuanaimato International Stadium, this will also hold 15,000 people, cost approximately $15 million dollars and be used for other international sporting matches. We are pleased to announce that Oakley, a successful sports equipment company has obtained the inital naming rights to the stadium with a deal totaling $5 million dollars over 10 years. The Government of Tonga has provided us with amount as well, though this amount is not to be disclosed."

"The final new stadium, the Fijian stadium, named BSP Stadium, will be constructed within the current sporting complex in Suva. This stadium will built to seat approximately 20,000 people with the option of expanding it to 25,000 in the future. The cost of this stadium will cost approximately $25 million dollars. We are also proud to announce that BSP has obtained the inital naming rights to this stadium with a deal totaling $8 million over 8 years. The Fijian government has also pledged $2.5 million dollars towards this new stadium."

"Linklater Oval will be operational for our first game in 2012, Tuanaimato International Stadium and Oakley Arena will be available by Round 6 in 2012 and BSP Stadium will be available mid-season 2012."

"The remaining money required to pay off the stadiums, have been organised with the W15 in the form of a non-interest loan. The Islanders are very excited with these new venues, especially as will be able to own them outright, hopefully within 4-6 years. We hope that the fans, the members and the general public will warm to these new stadiums as we hope they will provide them with an outstanding viewing experience."

UPDATE: The Islanders will play games at 4 different stadiums next year, 3 of them will be purpose built from scratch. There will be a stadium in each of Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Nauru, with the latter acting as their home base for the beginning of the 2012 season. Oakley and BSP have obtained naming rights for two of those stadiums.

"Secondly, the Islanders franchise is proud to announce that we have secured two major sponsors and several minor sponsors for the 2012 season and beyond."

"Our first major sponsor is Digicel. Since their launch in Novemeber 2006, Digicel has become the largest growing mobile operator in the Pacific, with current operations in Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Fiji, Nauru and PNG."

"Digicel has a three-year partnership with the Islanders franchise, that includes their logo to feature on the reverse of the Islanders guernsey and underlines Digicel's overall commitment to developing sports within the Pacific community. They have committed $6 million dollars over the three-years and have the immediate rights to the next sponsorship deal."

"Our second major sponsor is Westpac. Westpac are a major banking firm that have been established within the Pacific region since the early 20th century. They currently have branches in every major pacific island nation including Tonga, Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Tuvalu and New Caledonia."

"Westpac have signed for two years and comitted $4 million dollars, which enforces their commitments to helping the local sporting community within the Pacific region."

"We also have several minor sponors that include: Air Pacific, Fiji Television, the Samoa Observer and Nestle. The sponsorship deals with these minor sponsors will not be disclosed."

We are extremely happy to have Digicel and Westpac on board for the 2012 season, along with our minor sponsors."

UPDATE: The Islanders have two new major sponsors, Digicel and Westpac, with sponsorship deals worth a total $10 million. They have also signed four minor sponsors that include Air Pacific, Fiji TV, Samoa Observer and Nestle. Their deals have not be disclosed, though it is rumored to be worth close to $1 million each over several years.

Finally, ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to announce and present to you our new logo and our new guernsey for the 2012 season."

Coach c4v3m4n and Chris Judd stand either side of an easel and pull the sheet to reveal the new logo.

"As you may have also noticed, we will from here forth with be known as the Pacific Islanders, instead of just the Islanders. As there are so many islands around the world, we just wanted to specify our locale. We are sorry if we have offended anyone in this process."

Now, Islanders players Josh Gibson, Drew Petrie, Daniel Swallow, Daniel Kerr, Darren Jolly, Michael Jamison, James Frawley, Andrew Walker, Sam Reid and Quinten Lynch have all stepped into the room, sporting the new Islanders guernsey.

"We are very excited about this new strip for the 2012 season. The teal and turquoise is subtle, yet bold, representing the endless seas that surrounds the Pacific Islands and the white hoops are representative of the striking white beaches."

"We appreciate you all for taking the time today to come to this press conference. As you can see, the Pacific Islanders franchise is taking the early strides to become the number one club in the competition. We look forward to the upcoming season, as eagerly await our first match."

"Go Islanders!", the players cheer.

FINAL UPDATE: The Islanders have announced a new logo and a new guernsey for the 2012 season along with a slight name change. The will no longer be known as the Islanders, instead the Pacific Islanders. Their guernsey is teal and turquoise with white hoops.

While it was a long press conference, it was a very successful one IMO. New stadiums, new sponsors, new logos and guernsey. I'm impressed.

MajorLazer

I'm here, now let me think. :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: MajorLazer on November 09, 2011, 10:21:10 PM
I'm here, now let me think. :P

Shhh, there's an important press conference going on...  :P  8)

FisherSaints

A press confrence from New Delhi coming soon

TheMailman

How long did it take you to write that  :o

c4v3m4n

MajorLazer

FisherSaints

New Delhi Tigers

"New Delhi Tigers coach, FisherSaints, has announced that Indian Oil and Tata Steel will be the Tigers' major sponsors. JB-HI-FI will be their platinum sponsor. Wipro will be a smaller sponsor. FisherSaints said that he is happy with the sponsors and hopes that this will boost membership levels for W15's New Delhi Tigers."

The Tigers will be announcing more news including stadiums and captains (although already announced there was a mistake).

Stadium Naming
[/b]

"The New Delhi Tigers will have 3 stadiums, one will be in Nepal, another in New Delhi, and a final stadium in Nagpur." FisherSaints said.

Also he said "The Nagpur ground will be called Wipro Stadium,  the New Delhi stadium will be called Tata Stadium and Nepal's ground is the Tribhuvan University ground."

The home ground will be Tata Stadium, and there will be a $7 million training facility at it. There will also be a training camp on Mt. Everest for high altitude training. The altitude training camp will be called The Lodge, and is a full 78 acre camp, cut off from Mt. Everest, about halfway up.

]
Captaincy
[/b]

The captinacy role will be a joint between Nick Dal Santo and Tom Rockliff, with Daniel Giansiracusa and Brent Harvey joint vice-captains.

FisherSaints says "I feel these roles are perfect for the selected players, but there are a few unlucky players who could have easily been vice-captains. Things could change and they might be a vice-captain. A year is a big time in W15's."

The last thing I will say is the coaches. Torpedo10 is the New Dehli Tigers draft guru, kingkingston is doing other stuff and I'm the Senior Coach