AFL trade and draft simulation - Trade Week

Started by MTTY, October 16, 2011, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: FisherSaints on October 23, 2011, 09:17:54 PM
Well if he was a defender then how come he kicked 20 goals, and do you know who has Heppell and Hibberd
The DT site is always correct :P Like i said, he's a defender who was used up forward at GC. Where's Jarrad Harbrow, Fisher??

Maca24

Quote from: FisherSaints on October 23, 2011, 09:17:54 PM
Well if he was a defender then how come he kicked 20 goals, and do you know who has Heppell and Hibberd
Essendon does. Der  :-X

FisherSaints

Thought they were traded, oh well, PB I think I traded Harbrow to the Cats, might be wrong

Boomz

Quote from: FisherSaints on October 23, 2011, 09:24:06 PM
Thought they were traded, oh well, PB I think I traded Harbrow to the Cats, might be wrong

You traded Harbrow to me...  :P I am St Kilda.

Boomz

Saints trade Terry Milera to Gold Coast for Kieran Harper & Tendai Mzungu

AFEV

Brisbane Trades: Black and Beiwck
Fremantle Trades: Gorringe and Pitt

Justin Bieber

Well MTTY takes a while to answer my PM, he can just accept the deal on here :P.

GWS Give #3 pick in U17 Mini Draft.
Eagles Give Matthew Warnock + Andrew Strijk.

MTTY

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 23, 2011, 10:55:16 PM
Well MTTY takes a while to answer my PM, he can just accept the deal on here :P.

GWS Give #3 pick in U17 Mini Draft.
Eagles Give Matthew Warnock + Andrew Strijk.
Accept.

Holz

Quote from: Sid on October 23, 2011, 10:41:30 PM
Brisbane Trades: Black and Beiwck
Fremantle Trades: Gorringe and Pitt

accept

CrowsFan

I thought trades were meant to be completed by 6.30 cos then it had been a whole week?

Boomz

Unless there is some mad trade in the morning this is my last trade...

Sylvia + 100, 87, 81 to Western Bulldogs for Bastinac, 88, 43, 39

meow meow

As HP would say: "It's true. It's damn true".

meow meow

BULLDOGS ADD MORE BITE TO THEIR BARK

Daily Planet reporter Clark Kent sat down with new Western Bulldogs coach and recruiter meow meow to discuss their trade week. What, you think he doesn't ever get any articles written?

CK: Welcome Mr Meow.
MM: Please, just meow is fine.

CK: Okay. So meow, what were your main goals coming into trade week, and how do you think you went?
MM: Well first and foremost, we were looking to fill the holes left by the departure of some key players. At the same time we had to decide if we went for a complete rebuild or not. I couldn't be happier with the week.

CK: What did you identify as the area you needed the most work on?
MM: Well the obvious one was the age of the group. Huddo and Hall are ready for the retirement village. We thought the 29 and 30 year olds still had something to offer, and we thought about going after some older stars so Gia and Co could have one last crack at it, but decided that we didn't want to load the team with players who are past their prime and on the decline. Older folks get injured easily and when the end comes, it comes quickly and you never know when that might hit.

CK: You didn't stockpile picks or trade for young stars though?
MM: That's true.

CK: Care to elaborate?
MM: I think a lot of teams shoot themselves in the foot by going through the same cycle over and over. They have good older players, and young players who need development which takes time. By the time they are ready, the oldies are gone and the developed players are waiting on the new batch, who aren't quite ready yet.

CK: So you bought in some ready made players?
MM: We targeted players in the 23-27 range who are at their peak and will see us being a major premiership threat for the next 5 years.

CK: There was slight contraversy about trading out the captain of the club.
MM: I think that deal was a win-win. Scott Thompson is almost an identical player to Boyd, and is 27 - two years younger than Boyd, and at the age where Boyd started to peak.

CK: And Brian Lake?
MM: Again, we traded for someone who is almost identical, but younger and ready to hit their peak. 29 year old Lake for a 26 year old Merrett will hold us in good stead for the next 4 or 5 years as opposed to 1 or 2.

CK: Which team did you have the most difficulty dealing with?
MM: That's a tough one. They were all barbies. But if I had to pick one, i'd go with Daz. He just refused to give up anything. Which was a blessing really. It didn't suit my 23-27 year old plan.

CK: Did you target any specific players, or was it just a general type you were looking for?
MM: We had players in mind. Jon Griffen was one we were able to get done early. He's the right age we were looking for, and I rate him highly. Ricky Petterd was another. We tried to return Ray to the kennell, but you can't win them all.

CK: What was the most unexpected event of trade week for you?
MM: I didn't think we would end up with the guy I rate as the best full forward in the league.

CK: There wasn't much action concerning the backline.
MM: They were in pretty good shape and only needed a tweak. Murphy and Morris are both All Australians and at the peak of their powers. Wood is an emerging gun. Williams is a capable CHB. We only really lost a couple of 30 year olds in Gilbee and Hargrave, who weren't in our best 22 anyway. Jordan Russell is a former top 10 pick and will slot in nicely. Again, a 24 year old for a 30 year old.

CK: Your midfield is mouth watering.
MM: I think we have a good blend. The sheer strength and work of Thompson and Cross, the class of Griffen who can play either inside or outside, Picken will come off the bench and get a tagging job, Sylvia, Fyfe are extremely dangerous goal kicking mids and Didak will play as a high half forward and rotate through the middle.

CK: Not going to mention anything about the departure of Cooney? 
MM: We all know about his knee. Plus I think if any supporters have an issue with us letting him go, they need only look at our lineup now and they would be pleased with what we were able to achieve.

CK: Who's going to be the captain?
MM: Dale Morris.

CK: What are your plans for the forward line?
MM: Aerial dominance, and pressure galore. When you've got a guy like Riewoldt down there, you want to get it in to him as much as possible. He is such a talented player, a Coleman medalist, and not even 23 years old. Jones has a great workrate and can take one hell of a mark. These 2 guys aren't out of the contest if the ball comes to ground either. Jones' defensive pressure for a big man is second to none. We'll play Roughead in the pocket when he's not relieving Griffin, and he would be quite difficult for any 3rd tall defender. Cordy can play forward, back, in the ruck and we'll expose teams without good tall defensive stocks. Dahlhaus will be chasing, tackling and crumbing. Petterd had a record 13 tackles inside 50 in one game alone. He's not too shabby in the air either, but has the mobility and speed of a mid. Reimers off the bench will be dangerous too. He can wear any colour boots he likes. And don't forget about the mids rotating through. Sylvia and Didak have skill and nous. Throw in Fyfe for even more aerial dominance.

CK: What are your plans for the draft?
MM: We don't have any decent picks, so we'll just be looking at upgrading Dahlhaus and Panos onto the main list. Panos has earned this. Hopefully we can uncover a hidden gem with a late pick. You never know, our clubs games record holder Chris Grant went at 105.

CK: Thanks for your time. Good luck for the season.
MM: I literally had nothing else to do. Thanks bro.

PowerBug

Am i allowed to have a total squad of 40 players??