Main Menu

Trade Week - Mitch Clark

Started by MTTY, October 15, 2011, 01:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajjewell

Quote from: Marcz on October 16, 2011, 03:43:05 PM
perhaps he realized he wasnt going to get to Freo no matter what so took the best available contract
I thought he might've ended up doing the best thing by Brisbane as he knew if he entered the draft the Dees would've taken him anyway

Cruiseon

A good article about what Clark could do for Melbourne's on field structure. He could offer a lot.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/family-first-the-money-a-bonus-clark-20111017-1ltdt.html

One thing, he needs to get a hell of a lot fitter than he was at Brisbane last year, his body shape and running looked that of an average suburban player.

truBLUE

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 18, 2011, 10:31:00 AM

A good article about what Clark could do for Melbourne's on field structure. He could offer a lot.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/family-first-the-money-a-bonus-clark-20111017-1ltdt.html

One thing, he needs to get a hell of a lot fitter than he was at Brisbane last year, his body shape and running looked that of an average suburban player.
+1 one of his last games he looked old and slow ,he needs to be much fitter

Ringo

Agree with the comments about Clark but bear in mind he was carrying injury for the last portion of the season and with Browns injuries had to carry on. Keep an eye pre season though to see if body has regained full fitness.

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on October 16, 2011, 01:07:00 PM
I think it is a fact for Demons supporters like myself to get excited. It's not the fact that we are saying Clark will be a superstar and kick 50+ and have hi best year cause he most likely won't. It's the fact that he hugely improves our structure. Without him we would have say Watts and Jurrah kicking a combined total of say 70-75 next year as our key forwards but with Clark there it not only adds say 25-35 goals from him but with one of Watts or Jurrah taking the 3rd best defender now we can expect around another 10-15 goals from that pair. This is why I am excited about finally getting a big forward because Watts is clearly a CHF and Jurrah isn't a CHF or FF but a third tall.

That's exactly right. I don't expect clark to get even 30+ goals a year, but i think he will make a pretty big difference at the dees

Windigo

So is he gunna play permanent F.F?

That'd be the same as what happened at the Lions. Played second fiddle to Burger and will do the same with Jamar....

Voldemort

Quote from: Windigo on October 19, 2011, 06:21:40 PM
So is he gunna play permanent F.F?

That'd be the same as what happened at the Lions. Played second fiddle to Burger and will do the same with Jamar....

Na, Jamar can't kick goals, or for that matter kick straight, he will be thier main forward