Main Menu

Trade Week - Mitch Clark

Started by MTTY, October 15, 2011, 01:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Huge get for Melbourne. Allows us to play a team IMO of (when all fit)

B - Tapscott, Frawley, Garland
HB - Bartram, Grimes, Rivers
C - Jones, Bail, Trengove
HF - Sylvia, Watts, Howe
F - Jurrah, Clark, Petterd
R - Jamar, Moloney, McKenzie
INTER - Blease, Martin, Green, Davey(Sub)

EMER- Gawn, Gysberts, Bate

8-6 Suited

Bate will be gone so that is unlikely to have him as an emergency :p

ossie85

You know,  rate Bate ( lol ) as a player.

Wow. Thought after Clark's statement that that was it. Amazing back-flip really, perhaps the Demons offered more.

Ziplock

well, the first contract was for what, 600k a year for 4 years? I think this one must be pushing a mil for him to throw in reverse so suddenly.

ossie85

I'm fairly sure the Demons are below the minimum of the salary cap (every club has to pay 92.5% I think of the salary cap), so they need to pay someone! Especially with the massive Scully salary they were going to pay now off the table

FisherSaints

They've got him, traded pick 12 after they couldn't make a deal with Fremantle, great news for Melbourne supporters.

roo boys!

Wow big backflip! Great job by Melbourne!

Also, this would almost certainly cross them off the list of clubs who may go for Fevola.

Purple 77

I! AM!SO! EXCITED! As a die hard melbourne supporter, I couldn't be more excited and happy! SERIOUSLY! I couldn't have woke up to better news! Well done Tim harrington (list manager)! I admit, I have been pretty angry about you over the years but Its all good now lol.

Nails

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 16, 2011, 09:18:22 AM
I! AM!SO! EXCITED! As a die hard melbourne supporter, I couldn't be more excited and happy! SERIOUSLY! I couldn't have woke up to better news! Well done Tim harrington (list manager)! I admit, I have been pretty angry about you over the years but Its all good now lol.

Clark hasn't done a thing for 2 years... Don't get too excited.

Maca24

He had one freak year in their somewhere..
But I agree Nails, a bit overhyped.

MTTY

I think it is a fact for Demons supporters like myself to get excited. It's not the fact that we are saying Clark will be a superstar and kick 50+ and have hi best year cause he most likely won't. It's the fact that he hugely improves our structure. Without him we would have say Watts and Jurrah kicking a combined total of say 70-75 next year as our key forwards but with Clark there it not only adds say 25-35 goals from him but with one of Watts or Jurrah taking the 3rd best defender now we can expect around another 10-15 goals from that pair. This is why I am excited about finally getting a big forward because Watts is clearly a CHF and Jurrah isn't a CHF or FF but a third tall.

Voldemort

Clark's signing with the Demons will release the pressure of Brad Green, could play more in the mids in 2012

Windigo

That;s the right move. I really didn't see Clark fitting in at Perth.

Big Sandi, Big Cox, Big Nat, Big Q-Stick etc. No way.

ossie85

True Windigo, but the Jamar-Martin combo was working well IMO.

Jamar/Clark through the forward line, Martin off the back now I guess.

RiOtChEsS

perhaps he realized he wasnt going to get to Freo no matter what so took the best available contract