Dane Swan's phone number

Started by Fyfe_gun, October 14, 2011, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

just scratched this up in the last 10 minutes on fanplanner but i think its looking fairly good. I have 400k odd in the bank to spend so it can get better. With the two matura age ruckman and port rookie on radar i went for bargain ruck.

Gibbs, Goddard, Enright, Yarran, Petrenko, Dempsey, Buntine
M.Talia, Wilkes

Pendlebury, Selwood, Watson, Barlow, Shuey, Tyson
M.Clarke, D.Shiel

Jacobs, Giles
J.Redden, Stephenson

Fyfe, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Steven, Dawes, J.Brown, Morabito
Panos, Porplyzia

any thoughts?

theflyinghawk

lots of better options then dawes surely!

Fyfe_gun

He is still fairly young and with some development will become the next Cloke. I rate him highly

hotmail2

Hey lets hope porplyzia and morabito play early im in the same boat as you could make or break us those two early keep a close eye on those two !

DT Gun

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 08, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
just scratched this up in the last 10 minutes on fanplanner but i think its looking fairly good. I have 400k odd in the bank to spend so it can get better. With the two matura age ruckman and port rookie on radar i went for bargain ruck.

M.Talia, Wilkes

M.Clarke, D.Shiel

Jacobs, Giles
J.Redden, Stephenson

Panos, Porplyzia

any thoughts?

Id get rid of the following:
Yarran
Petrenko
Dempsey
Shuey

Not a great ruck department

Steven
Dawes

hotmail2

Fyfe_gun

Quote from: DT Gun on December 09, 2011, 03:12:30 AM
Quote from: Fyfe_gun on December 08, 2011, 01:06:28 PM

M.Talia, Wilkes

M.Clarke, D.Shiel

Jacobs, Giles
J.Redden, Stephenson

Panos, Porplyzia

any thoughts?

Id get rid of the following:
Yarran
Petrenko
Dempsey
Shuey

Not a great ruck department

Steven
Dawes

Yeah you could be right but personally those players are what seperate my team from others.

Fyfe_gun

Salary cap left: $374,500.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Corey Enright, Chris Yarran, Jared Petrenko, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Will Sierakowski, Beau Wilkes

Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Michael Barlow, Luke Shuey, Dom Tyson
Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel

Sam Jacobs, Jonathan Giles
Jarrad Redden, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Steele Sidebottom, Jack Steven, Chris Dawes, Matthew Panos
Jason Porplyzia, Dayne Zorko

Just a touch of editing.
any better. Mainly just changed around rookies. Wouldn't mind marty clarke still in midfield but how many games will he actually get

DT Gun

unfortunately mate, those players are what stops your team being in the top 5000

Ziplock

you have the cash if I'm right

Shuey to Ablett.

or Shuey to rookie, Yarran to Lids

Or Steven/ Dawes to rookie and Yarran to lids.

I think with all those left field picks, you should really only be going one in each line. Petrenko could do decent this season, he did finish with a few decent games under his belt.

Yarran, I can also see possibility in... he did score over 80 in 9 games and performed notably well vs hawthorn, wce and gc. If he improves his consistency a bit, he could jump to premium status. I think he should be watched as a possibility.

The biggest concern with shuey is his pricing. I think DTgun is being a little harsh on him to be honest. Yes, he only had 4 tons, although that was only his second year, and if that was his blues I'd be damned happy to see what else he can do. But, he scored a 142 and a 130 in two of those tons... that ceiling, in an improving wce team, means his probably worth at least some consideration.

Stevens ceiling is a bit low by the looks of it, but isn't TOO inconsistent, meaning if he improves (and I've heard people rate this kid), that he could be a worthwhile pick.

Dawes had a really shower 2nd half of the season which is what you really don't want from a mid pricer.

look, honestly after checking everyone's stats, I would be going with one of these guys maximum in each line.

Probably Yarran, Shuey and Steven tbh.

downgrade/ upgrade Petrenko and Dawes. I think that if you don't start with Lids this year, you could find yourself considerably behind the competition.

DT Gun

Shuey isnt going to make money so he isnt a cash cow...

Shuey isnt going to average 100+ so he isnt a premium

He is what i call a waste of a trade or dead wood

Ziplock

Big call on him not making a 100+ premium. I mean, all mid pricers entail risk, but shuey's shown he has the capability of big scores, and that was just his second year of footy. he's a high draft pick, and imo fantasy wise (probably not player wise), can be compared very similarly to Rockliff of 2011 for 2012.

DT Gun

he is nothing like rockliff.

Rockliff is the bloke who is involved in the switches of play and gets a bit of the uncontested piill...

Shuey is more of an attacking mid, i think he is like dangerfield but a little better.. He is explosive but not a waxer of the ball, mark my words he wont average 100.. Shuey already gets tagged too

Ziplock

Hence why I said fantasy wise, not player wise. Both high draft picks, neither playing much in their first year (shuey due to illness, rockliff for what ever reason, form, injury, I'm not sure). Both averaging mid 80s in their second year, and rockliff stepping up to premium status in his third. Shuey of 2011 demonstrated he had a higher ceiling than rocky of 2010, just less consistency. Rocky stepped up his ceiling in 2011, no reason why Shuey can't step up his consistency.

DT Gun

cos ones an impact player and ones a waxer....

They are individuals, not all up n coming mids follow a trend