Dane Swan's phone number

Started by Fyfe_gun, October 14, 2011, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyfe_gun

Just a rough beginner. Looking alright. So many bargains too many to choose from

Probs start a few more rookies next year but don't have a great understanding of whos good or who will end up where in draft and who will get game time so save that til next year

Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Birchall, Yarran, Petrenko, Dempsey
Astbury, Urquhart

Pendlebury, Selwood, Shuey, Barlow, Coniglio, Wingard
Shiel, K.Stevens

S.Jacobs, M.Luenberger
Giles, Renouf

S.Johnson, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Steven, Dawes, Hawkins, Day
Ugle, Porplyzia

Fyfe_gun

Alos considering

L.Henderson if he keeps playing at CHB
Watts
Nic Nat
Phil Davis
Rohan
Redden/rockliff
Dustin Martin
David Mackay
Daniel Menzel (if over ACL)

Voldemort

I have doubts on: Yarran,  Sidebottom and Hawkins. Sidebottom isnt consistent enough, Yarran is too closely looked at by the opposition and Hawkins is looking like a DT player- yet. What Dempsey are you referring too?

Fyfe_gun

Is there more than one. are you thinking of dempster. courtenay from bombers he will be cheap

Yarran played defence most of the year and probably deserved all australian. He developed in this role as year went on and will get better. runs out of back pocket

Sidebottom is probably a bit too inconsistent for a midfielder but as a foward he is perfect. He has only had 3 seasons in the afl so can only get better especially at collingwood.
Avereaged 86 this year probably expect mid 90s for next year

46 99 86 117 72 128   94 80 95 75 74   51 72 106 90 94 104 104 52 69 87 112

out of the 22 games he played had about 8 bad ones but hey

Hawkins i also have my doubts about but now mooney is gone and pods is pushing 30 (hah and he is only new to afl) geelong need to start developing a new foward. He was dynamite in the grand final and they have been hyping him up for years. Hope he stays that way.

Ziplock

I would only doubt Yarran. I can see Sidebottom working well, and Hawkins needs to be considered imo.

Fyfe_gun

I dont but hey he is the risk i am taking. he was one of the first i locked in

Voldemort

Dane Swan will be the only lock in haha

Fyfe_gun

Not for me. Id much prefer a pendles or daisy who are improving. IMO swan will get more attention from taggers now he has won a brownlow, he will still average 100s but might mean a few lower scores when he gets towelled up by taggers

I think if we learnt anything from zac smith this year Jon Giles should be a lock next year barring injury

Voldemort

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on October 15, 2011, 05:26:13 PM
Not for me. Id much prefer a pendles or daisy who are improving. IMO swan will get more attention from taggers now he has won a brownlow, he will still average 100s but might mean a few lower scores when he gets towelled up by taggers

I think if we learnt anything from zac smith this year Jon Giles should be a lock next year barring injury

Are you for real?! The Brownlow doesnt matter, everyone knew he was the elite midfielder of the comp well before the Brownlow. He was the hot favourite last year aswell. The Brownlow has nothing to do with taggers, cause good players will get around taggers and he certainly is a damn good player

Fyfe_gun

Ahh really because anyone remember adam cooney. Won  a brownlow and hasnt had a half decent year since.

I will still get him but while barlow and shuey are cheap would use them and wait for swan to drop.

ossie85

Quote from: Fyfe_gun on October 15, 2011, 10:16:33 PM
Ahh really because anyone remember adam cooney. Won  a brownlow and hasnt had a half decent year since.

I will still get him but while barlow and shuey are cheap would use them and wait for swan to drop.

Is a myth.

For every Adam Cooney and Shane Woewodin, you have a Harvey, Crawford, Akermanis, Black, Buckley, Ricciuto, Goodes, Cousins, Judd, Bartel and Ablett.... (surely you can't say that any one of them had only the one good season?)

Swan's had the pressure for years, won't change him. He is getting older, and that might slow him down, but the Brownlow won't. I think the triple best and fairest winner, triple All-Australian, Jim Stynes medal, countless media awards and AFL MVP is use to awards by now!

truBLUE

agree with ossie swan is an elite player will be just as good next year ,petrenko interesting pick showed some good signs :)

Fyfe_gun

Im not doubting swans ability. He will still be a gun the brownlow was not a fluke but he will gain more attention from taggers now he has one. Clubs will play one maybe two up to three taggers to stop him which means when he does get hevily tagged he might only get 20 touches instead of 40 so only 70-80 points a few times next year. I have said that i will pick him up later in the year but to start with him when shuey and barlow even dustin martin are so cheap why not let them rise in value swan drop and straight swap

Voldemort

fyfe_gun, he already gets the most attention from all the taggers, him and Pendlebury, but the still manage to destroy opponents without any worry and this will show in the DT performance

elephants

Good team.

Only problems would be urqhart, astbury and Stevens getting regular games.
Could you look at my team?