DT salary cap is now $8.787 million

Started by maanco, October 10, 2011, 05:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

the afl salary cap is now $8.787 million, thus so should the DT. according to http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/10/afl-salary-cap-rises-by-570-000/

please change it as soon as possible monty.

Cicjose

Windigo

I always thought the F.P salary was too much.

Holz

making a team with the current prices but the new cap is alot better. I actually have to think now.

maanco

yer befoore you could almost pick who ever you wanted but now we get to think:)

PowerBug

What did the f.p have it on? Now we see the real brains come out. ;)

oc16

Quoteplease change it as soon as possible monty.
+1

Grazz

What was the F.P cap at. Havent started my team yet, so i wouldnt know.

maanco

it is currently over 9 million and needs to be changed down to 8.78mill

Nails

Doesn't really matter how much the FP amount is... It all depends on the magic number.... The cap could be $100,000,000 and that still not be enough, if the MN is too high.

Therefore isn't overly important what Monty has the cap at, it's more important how close he is to the MN imo. Although yes changing it to 8.78 would be good, but not utter emergency like some seem to think

maanco

i didnt say it is an emergency it would just be nice also the 8.78mill cap is only for DT and if it is the MN is about right maybe a bit high if anything

The_Captain

magic number and proper prices really are not sorted until around December? Can anyone verify this?

DicingApple

Judging by some of the teams being put up in the "rate my team" thread, i'd say there will be a few dissapointed DTers once the official comp is open. To me (mind you i am a novice) the magic number looks fairly low (4.78?) and on top of that the current salary cap is high, no wonder we are seeing some heavily stacked teams at the moment. Have i missed something?  :)

DicingApple

Alright, now we get a little more serious  :) Actually looks pretty good, can almost fit another premium into my initial side. Now the inevitable 1000+ changes begin  ;D

coolfugitiv0

"Under the one-year deal, the salary cap will rise from $8.78 million to $9.39 million in 2012, including club-funded additional service agreements."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-players-reach-pay-deal/story-e6frf9jf-1226222655902