Ask The Monster!

Started by Cookie Monster, October 09, 2011, 08:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

Ask me a question you would like answered about SC players over the off-season.

btw i am no good with Rookies!

only 5 a day.

TheMailman

I keep asking people why Darren Glass isn't a good unique?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: TheMailman on October 09, 2011, 08:46:22 PM
I keep asking people why Darren Glass isn't a good unique?
Because he is a key defender and takes the best foward week in week out, and doesn't get much of the footy.

Players like Scarlett and Fletcher you might think are the same, but they are not, Scarlett and Fletcher don't take the best foward and play a more attacking roll.

Glass is a great player, just not fantasy wise.

TheMailman

Ill put him in my team anyway

DT-SC

What do you think the SC salary cap could look like?
thanks

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TheMailman on October 09, 2011, 10:35:47 PM
Ill put him in my team anyway
Eagles' man I'm guessing? ;D.

Just to get something rolling I'm toying with, is a Ruck lineup of two cheap ruckman (e.g West + Smith) viable when compared to the top tier of fantasy scoring rucks next season?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: DT-SC on October 09, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
thanks
Depends on how many players we have to pick, if it's 30 the. just the 10 mill is fine, but if it's 33 then it should be 11 mill.

Ringo

Thoughts on Michael Barlow for next year.  Showed some glimpses of 2010 form on return and how will Lyon use him.

HP Rucks will be a bit of a dilemna this year.  At the moment I am looking at Berger and Kruezer and 2 rookies with another R/F DPP in forwards as cover.

FisherSaints

Wonder if Elton will mpp. He's 197cm tall and Brisbane might pick him. Will be good for a Clark replacement

Justin Bieber

I hope Elton is MPP, he should get it but can see if he gets Forward only as he's only been pinch hitting rucks.

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2011, 08:02:49 AM
Thoughts on Michael Barlow for next year.  Showed some glimpses of 2010 form on return and how will Lyon use him.

HP Rucks will be a bit of a dilemna this year.  At the moment I am looking at Berger and Kruezer and 2 rookies with another R/F DPP in forwards as cover.
Yeah, a big one Ringo! I'm thinking Berger as well but Rucks seem to be quite pricey this season when all others there is usually only 2-3 high priced when now there is like 7-8. Giles is a near certainty for my bench while the other not too sure yet.

c4v3m4n

CM, what's your midfield structure looking like for 2012?

C-Dogg

tayte pears seems to be a great cheap sc option for next year, go on spill your guts??

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cookie Monster on October 09, 2011, 10:57:35 PM
Quote from: DT-SC on October 09, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
thanks
Depends on how many players we have to pick, if it's 30 the. just the 10 mill is fine, but if it's 33 then it should be 11 mill.
SC salary cap has always been 10 mil (well for the 4 or 5 years I have been playing it). They wont change it. The thing that will change is the magic number that determines everyones price. If they drop it back down to 30 man squads the magic number will rise so everyone costs more

meow meow

Should I have ravioli or lamb cutlets for dinner?

DG

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2011, 04:58:02 PM
Should I have ravioli or lamb cutlets for dinner?

HAHAHA. You know what Sam Kekovich would say  ;)