Main Menu

2012 Plan

Started by mophead222, October 09, 2011, 10:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mophead222

Hey guys, just wanting to get some feedback on my first ideas for next season.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Gibbs, L. Davis, H. Hartlett, C. Yarran, B. Lake (T. Bugg, B. Smedts)
MID: S. Pendlebury, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, J. Caddy, D. Tyson (M. Sewell, D. Shiel)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, N. Naitanui (J. Spencer, J. Giles)
FWD: N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. Didak, A. Morabito, W. Hoskin-Elliott (J. Porplyzia, G. Ugle)
CASH LEFT: $16,800

Cheers  :)

Voldemort

question marks on your midfield, but otherwise a good team  ;)

Ringo

Agree with Volde.  Questions on Midfield 5 rookies plus 2 returning from Injury Hayes and Barlow and only one prem Pendles.  Most scoring done by Mids so I would look at improvement in that area if possible maybe more rookies in defence.

PowerBug

Looks good, but if you can afford that next season i'll buy you a beer. :) and i'm underage too :P

Voldemort

I'm not sure about Chris Yarran either ... remove him and get a rookie instead

mophead222

Your forgetting that the best value rookies are always mids, so a 3 prem, 3 rook mid is utilizing this and saving money to spend elsewere.
I did this last year and finished top 2000.

Barlow and hayes aree both bargains this year.

IMO Yarran will improve considerably next year, he is still learning the new role as a rebounding defender and will probably do aswell as leon davis did this year.

Torress

i don't think yaran will improve enough to warrant a starting spot. with judd, murphs, gibbs ect. - taking most of the SC pie. and the rebounding defender gets close attention.
depending on hayes' price, he might be too good to turn down and could be an easy avenue to a super prem.
is hamish hartlett a defender??? he has a bad injury prone track record as well. but looks good for SC. but port are just so flower!!you are right about rooike mids, this is the best way to make coin. but if we don't start enough gun mids you fall out of reach overall too quickly, or do we???  :-X . dam hard to get the right balance. good luck mate!

mophead222

You could also say that about swan, pendles, thomas, ball, etc. but i think yarran will be similar to leon davis....

I'm hoping hayes gets a nice discount making him a very cheap price.

Yer hamish is C/B and looks to continually be on the up.

mophead222

Plan Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by mophead222. Salary cap left: $40,800.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine, Marty Clarke
Sam Darley, Billie Smedts

Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Jason Winderlich, Stephen Coniglio, Anthony Morabito
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Matthew Leuenberger, Zac Smith
Ayce Cordy, Jonathan Giles

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Taylor Adams
Curtly Hampton, Dayne Zorko

Opinions and criticism welcome

Colliwobblers

strong and deep defence lake looking good for round 1, not sure on grimes, buntine is 70K more than other rookies so he better do a lot better than them to be worth the extra.

midfield is very weak, hayes and windy even if hayes goes well windy still your 4th mid, i would put windy in the fwd line if you want him and add another gun premium to the midfield. downgrade coniglio and moarabito....

rucks solid but change cordy to stephensen

fwds, very solid and deep like the defence, porps and brown and nroo watch for fitness and form in nabcup but potentially all good picks.

Just think your team lacks another premium midfielder, i would sacrifice windy or or brown, plus downgrade buntine coniglio and moarbito to basic rooks and put the extra gun midfielder in.

good team. good mid prices players and the best of the rooks. gun premiums also should go well/

Sabretooth Tigers

;)G'day Mopsy,
not a bad side but IMO it may pay to vastly reduce your GWS rookies both in numbers and price. If GWS gets absolutely thrashed in  games, as predicted by most, then it's hard to see any substantial price increases or good scores coming from them. Perhaps reducing them by half in number and dropping the value would assisst  in getting more " keepers. " Would perhaps downgrade Buntine to Spurr or Ellis in DEF. Coniglio to Treloar in the MID. Might also pay to unload Hayes and Winderlich for another keeper and rookie to boost you weekest line. The midfield is almost always the highest scoring line and the best for value rookies. Giles for S Rowe of Carlton even though he's out of action for a few weeks. Not an Nroo fan but that means nothing, he'll probably win the Brownlow. Great forward line I especially like Curtly Hampton, could become anything. Cheers and have a great SC season.

mophead222

Hey guys thanks for your opinions,

I really dont have much idea about the rookies this year so the advice is very much appreciated.

I think a warrior like hayes will come back strong and will prob average around 100 - 110.

I will probably move windy to the fowards and put GAJ in.

Cheers guys

lozza63

Quote from: mophead222 on January 26, 2012, 06:14:35 PM
Hey guys thanks for your opinions,

I really dont have much idea about the rookies this year so the advice is very much appreciated.

I think a warrior like hayes will come back strong and will prob average around 100 - 110.I will probably move windy to the fowards and put GAJ in.

Cheers guys

Even if he does - he's still 10 points away fron where you want your M6 averaging (115+) - teams will by and large aim to have Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Murphy, Swan with a strong M6 such as Priddis or Swallow rounding them out. I cant see Lenny at 32 being able to compete with the "young uns" for 20+ games.

mophead222

Very true on the mids situation.
your advice is duely noted.

mophead222

Lukas Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by mophead222. Salary cap left: $192,300.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Lee Spurr, Sam Darley
Steven Morris, Billie Smedts

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Darren Pfeiffer, Anthony Miles
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Matthew Leuenberger, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Taylor Adams
Curtly Hampton, Dayne Zorko

UPDATED