Main Menu

FanFooty Under 24 World Cup Season 15

Started by Bazinga, October 07, 2011, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 11, 2011, 01:35:21 PM
Had the match been on anything but a hard or flat wicket, you would have won. The Hard wicket gave my ordinary batsmen a chance...
You still deserved the win  :)
When I last checked I thought I was on track to win.
Must have bowled trash  :(

Fletch74

I always chase on a Hard Wicket. Don't know why, but stats have shown that for some reason its better to chase.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Bazinga on November 11, 2011, 11:48:24 AM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 11, 2011, 08:13:19 AM
I know. I nearly fell out of my chair :o
Amazing, never pulled off something like that. Baz will be mad as!

Mad - no. Surprised - yes  :P   Very strange match. I had six of my batters on defensive orders (Both openers, 5, 9, 10, 11), yet BB bowled me out quite easliy in the end. The thing I am struggling to comprehend is how BB's 19yo reasonable summary wristy can bowl 7.3 overs (1/30) at just 4 runs an over, while Sheldon Cooper - who is spec summary medium - returns the mediocre figures of 2/39 off 7 overs @ 5.57 runs per over ... ON AN UNEVEN PITCH!!

I think the match engine has been really screwed up since these new bowling orders came in for friendlies. I'm so glad they aren't in for league matches yet, as I am struggling to work them out.

Anyway, good win BB   ;)  and congrats to all the other winners in rd 1.
Thanks Baz :)
Fletch, I have no idea how I beat Baz. I wish I did though :P.

Boomz

Nice write up Fletch  ;)

Mad - no. Surprised - yes  :P   Very strange match. I had six of my batters on defensive orders (Both openers, 5, 9, 10, 11), yet BB bowled me out quite easliy in the end. The thing I am struggling to comprehend is how BB's 19yo reasonable summary wristy can bowl 7.3 overs (1/30) at just 4 runs an over, while Sheldon Cooper - who is spec summary medium - returns the mediocre figures of 2/39 off 7 overs @ 5.57 runs per over ... ON AN UNEVEN PITCH!!

I think the match engine has been really screwed up since these new bowling orders came in for friendlies. I'm so glad they aren't in for league matches yet, as I am struggling to work them out.

Yeah the new bowling orders are hard to work out... I'm just going to keep flowering around with them in friendlies until I get them to work well  :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Boomz on November 11, 2011, 05:06:46 PM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

Yeah the new bowling orders are hard to work out... I'm just going to keep flowering around with them in friendlies until I get them to work well  :P
I refuse to use them. Until they are implemented in real games Im going to stick to what I know.

Fletch74

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 11, 2011, 05:19:32 PM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

I refuse to use them. Until they are implemented in real games Im going to stick to what I know.
Ok, well you've now told me how you beat Baz :P I'll just use a normal bowling setup :D

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 11, 2011, 05:23:56 PM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

Ok, well you've now told me how you beat Baz :P I'll just use a normal bowling setup :D
It normally doesnt work for me.
If you really want I can send you my orders. Youll beat me in this comp anyway :P.

Fletch74

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 11, 2011, 05:32:18 PM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

If you really want I can send you my orders. Youll beat me in this comp anyway :P.
Well, it worked against Baz, my nemisis!! It's ok, I'll beat him this time...

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on November 11, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 11, 2011, 05:32:18 PM
Nice write up Fletch  ;)

Well, it worked against Baz, my nemisis!! It's ok, I'll beat him this time...
After getting beat by BB, I am also going back to using my old orders 

Maca24

My friendlies have also been failures with new orders.
Am tempted to switch back as well...

Master Q

Great write up Fletch  :) Good game Boomz, Hemming to the rescue again  :-*

Bring it on Zz  ;) Did everyone stick to the rules this week?

Maca24

Need a friendly on sunday, same rules as the comp.
Anyone available?

8-6 Suited

Maca24

8-6 Suited

You'll smash me as I will rate about 130k at an absolute max but will play it anyway. :D