Main Menu

The Avengers and Joss Whedon

Started by ossie85, October 07, 2011, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on October 07, 2011, 03:34:42 PM
Pity they missed the boat on the X-Men films (btw, First Class was outstanding, IMO the best of them). Ah wells.
From what I hear, sounds great (reviews and whatnot). Same as the new Captain America movie. I have quite a few movies I need to watch as I've only watched the Hulk from above :-[. I love my Superhero movies but haven't had the time to watch any (although watched many tv series :P).

And I usually watch movies long after they left the cinemas and been released on DVD (Lazy).

ossie85

When you say you've only watched "The Hulk" HP which one do you mean?

The Hulk (Eric Bana) or the The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton). Cos the Incredible Hulk is the one that is 'official' Avenger. Just to make things more confusing, they've changed the actor again for The Avengers - Mark Ruffalo.

Will watch the trailer when I get home :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on October 12, 2011, 02:26:02 PM
When you say you've only watched "The Hulk" HP which one do you mean?

The Hulk (Eric Bana) or the The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton). Cos the Incredible Hulk is the one that is 'official' Avenger. Just to make things more confusing, they've changed the actor again for The Avengers - Mark Ruffalo.
Both, although was a long time ago.

Ziplock

j959

i hope it's good!   ;)

Oss, since you're such a big Whedon fan ... was it him involved in Toy Story movies cos there's a Whedon credited in them from vague recollection??  ???

CrowsFan

Quote from: j959 on March 05, 2012, 02:11:31 AM
i hope it's good!   ;)

Oss, since you're such a big Whedon fan ... was it him involved in Toy Story movies cos there's a Whedon credited in them from vague recollection??  ???
Yes it was him. He was the co-writer. Gotta love wiki ;)

ossie85

i hope it's good!   ;)

Indeed, his first Oscar nomination for writing. Hopefully (but doubtfully) Oscar talk for The Avengers!

Hawka

i voted thor cos its got a kick ass song in there but when i think so does iron man 2 :/

j959

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 05, 2012, 02:30:27 AM
i hope it's good!   ;)

wiki = the font of all knowledge ... maybe ...  ;)

@Oss - after Return of the King got an Oscar gong there's always hope!  :D

ossie85

Quote from: j959 on March 05, 2012, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on March 05, 2012, 02:30:27 AM
i hope it's good!   ;)

wiki = the font of all knowledge ... maybe ...  ;)

@Oss - after Return of the King got an Oscar gong there's always hope!  :D

Yup. Loved Return of the King. The Dark Knight did pretty well also.

Luigi197

Anyone remember this thread?

Anyone seen it?

Is it good?
:)

Justin Bieber

I saw it today with friends, was lucky to get seats as it was nearly all booked out! Lucky we got some, although right at the front and friends all scattered :(.

The movie was good action with comedy thrown in here and there. If you're a fan of Marvel or Superhero movies, it's a good watch 8).

Watched 3D as well (pricey -_-) and some of it was well suited to it, although hurt the eyes....

ossie85

Loved it. Missed the ANZAC match to see it lol. Brilliantly witty, and genuinely unique action sequences.

3D wasn't that great, but the film wasn't made for 3d, so that's to be expected

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 26, 2012, 06:38:26 AM
Loved it. Missed the ANZAC match to see it lol. Brilliantly witty, and genuinely unique action sequences.
Yeah, my session started at 2:30pm, so great timing as well :P.