Main Menu

The Avengers and Joss Whedon

Started by ossie85, October 07, 2011, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Apart from being a massive fantasy football geek, I'm also a huge Whedonite.

Anyone else out there in the football world who is similar?

Bit of Background...

Joss Whedon created Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dr. Horrible and Dollhouse.

The Avengers is a film out next year, directed by Joss Whedon, that combines Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America into one film. This is getting my geek juices flowing.

Anyone else very keen for The Avenger film?

c4v3m4n

c4v3m4n

Post Avengers, there'll also be Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and a possible S.H.I.E.L.D movie too to enjoy.  :D

8-6 Suited

I'm not sure the avengers is going to be any good but I will be watching. My geek juices have been flowing for a while in preparation but having watched the trailer last night... It seems to revolve a lot around Captain America. :/ And that movie was showerful. :/

ossie85

Didn't think the trailer was out until next week! Will google at home.

I really enjoyed Captain America, thought it was the best film since Iron Man....

Rate them:

1. Iron Man
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Iron Man 2
5. The Incredible Hulk

Though I enjoyed them all

8-6 Suited

Thor was missing too much in the middle of the story. He gets sent back to Earth as a mortal for about half an hour and don't build on any story int hat time. great movie, but they needed to build a story in the time he gets sent back, not just have an instantly fall in love story and go back straight away moment.

I watched the trailer while I was at Reel Steel last night.

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America

That's how it is for me. It's harsh but its how I fell about them. If the Thor movie had a bit more, like 20 minutes longer in the guts of it for character building, it would be 2nd.

ossie85

Yep, More Natalie Portman would've been great. I tend to agree with your review 8-6

Iron Man 2 struggled a bit for me, unlike the first Iron Man, there really didn't seem to be much tension, or even as much fun.

I also liked Incredible Hulk, because it was different way to set up a superhero movie, but found some parts of it a bit boring.

But will be adding Thor to my Blu Ray collection with the other 3. Though will probably import it from the UK at half the price.

Cicjose

c4v3m4n

For me, the list would be as follows:

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Thor

Nothing beats the current Iron Man series, best comic book movie franchise behind the new Batman series.

I too quite enjoyed Captain America.

As for Thor, egh. The movie didn't do much for me...and don't get me started on the predictable romance sub-plot.

It'll defintely be interesting to see how it all ties together in the Avengers movie. Especially with Thor...  :-\

I wonder when they make Avengers 2 and 3 (surely they will as the movie industry has no fresh ideas) if they will introduce other Avenger members such as...

Wolverine and Spider-Man?  :o

ossie85

They are doing a new Spiderman movie (a reboot) perhaps they'll tie that in?

Pity they missed the boat on the X-Men films (btw, First Class was outstanding, IMO the best of them). Ah wells.

8-6 Suited

Yeah First Class was really good. I love my X-Men movies. I loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That was a good movie too... But I do like Hugh Jackman soooooo was kind of expected. His attitude as Wolverine always makes me laugh. :D

BoredSaint

i liked iron man 1
iron man 2 was shocking though. apart from scarlett :-*

havent seen the rest ::)

CrowsFan

Really looking forward to when they make the next X-Men Origins movie. They are doing it on Deadpool :)

c4v3m4n