c4's 2012 Bargains: Anthony Morabito

Started by c4v3m4n, October 05, 2011, 05:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be selecting Anthony Morabito in 2012?

Locked and loaded.
5 (12.5%)
He's on the shortlist.
13 (32.5%)
Jeez, its a 50/50 call.
12 (30%)
Very unlikely.
8 (20%)
No, too risky.
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 3

c4v3m4n

Anthony Morabito

Statistics

2011 Games: 0
2011 Total Score: 0 (suffered an ACL injury pre-season)
2011 Price: $252,100

2010 Games: 21
2010 Total Score: 1088
2010 Average: 51.8
2010 High: 96
2010 Low: 7  :-\
2010 Standard Deviation: 25.03
2010 Centuries: 0 out of 21 (9 out of 21 were 60+)
2010 Starting Price: $164,200 (was also lowest price)
2010 Highest Price: $293,000 (Round 16)

Summary

Seeing a pattern here so far in the write-ups? Yep, another ACL injury.

Poor Anthony Morabito injured his knee in a training drill in early December 2010 and missed the entire 2011 season because of it. Due to this, like the previous write-ups, let's take a look at his debut season in 2010.

Anthony Morabito, simply put, was an impact player for Fremantle. He only managed an average of 90 minutes TOG per game (about 73%); amazingly being benched the second-most of any AFL player in the league. Poor guy. However, he did still manage to average 13 possessions a game, enjoyed 31 shots on goal (13 goals, 18 behinds) along with 12 scoring assists. So while he may not have been a ball magnet, he still had a decent impact on the game and used the ball well when he won it.

In terms of SuperCoach scores, he never broke the magical century barrier, however he did manage two scores under 10... most of his scores though ranged between 45-65. So not a prolific scorer, but that should improve come 2012.

His best game for 2010 was against Geelong were he had 15 disposals, 2 goals, 9 tackles and his highest SC score of 96.

Fast forward to 2012, if Fremantle can give him more time on the ground and if he wins more of the ball, he could become a very damaging player and a decent SC scorer. Look out.

The Crystal Ball

According to m0nty's Fanplanner he is priced at $165,100. This DOES take into account the 40% discount he'll receive for missing the entire year.

As for his position, m0nty has placed him in the FWD list, where others have him in the MID list. Interesting, what will it be?

Decision

Although he hasn't been a huge ball winner, he is a talented impact player. As mentioned earlier, if he can get more game time up forward, there'll be a definite rise in his scores. This in mind, he could be a very good cash cow like Andy Otten was last year.

IMO, I'd shortlist him, watch how he progresses over the pre-season and strongly consider him for either the 7th forward or even as bench cover.

Thoughts?

Will you bite the bullet or are the 'more beater' options available? (Sorry about the lame pun.)

charliesheen

Ross Lyon makes me nervous.  Think about the rookies Ross, Think about the rookies.

CrowsFan

Seriously considering him for the 7th forward/bench spot. Also looking at Porps though depending on how his shoulder holds up. Will keep an eye on him during pre season :)

Torpedo10

Him and Porps are guys to consider. At the moment I would go Porps instead of Morabito.

valkorum

You could have at least got a picture of him in a Freo jumper not a crappy Peel Thunder jumper

roo boys!

Shortlisted for me. At that price, perfect for 7th forward.

CrowsFan

Just one question I have is regarding this:
Quote from: c4v3m4n on October 05, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
He will also remain a FWD player for 2012.
He was listed as a mid this year. Why is everyone saying he will be a forward?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 05, 2011, 07:55:06 PM
Just one question I have is regarding this:
Quote from: c4v3m4n on October 05, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
He will also remain a FWD player for 2012.
He was listed as a mid this year. Why is everyone saying he will be a forward?

Egh, it's been a long day. CF you indeed correct, he was listed as a midfielder for season 2011.

pothead

not sure if i will be risking it with ross lyon as coach he will probably get a few games but may not have job security but he should score well should he have job security so i am not sure on him quite yet

charliesheen

damn, if he is listed as a forward, and is only 150-170k, that is seriously appealing to me

Holz

no chance if he is a mid would rather pay that bit extra and get a tyson or a contaligo but as a forward he is a posibiliity if named round 1.

The Silent Partner

Lineball with the beatbox IMO he will be cheap but will he get the gametime?

Hippo

A year not playing having a game and still not running! but buy all means put him in your team