Main Menu

Trade Week

Started by Boomz, October 04, 2011, 02:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Doesn't look like we will be involved much in trade week again this year... Have heard theres some interest in Slattery & that we will trade a few of our picks but seems hirdy is keeping it close to his chest or we aren't doing anything... anyone heard anything?

Maca24

Slattery leaving would be the happiest moment of my life  :P
I've heard rumours on Gumblespud as well but we will see..

Luigi197

Doesn't look like Hirdy wants to trade much, but i just want one issue solved:

To be able to clearly identify our rucks to forwards and set our priorities.
Therefore if Hille and Ryder are rotating rucks, Belly better play in the fwd. If Hirdy is not willing to play a tall in the fwd now, then i hope he will soon, because most of our targets are small (Davey, Jetta, Monfries kinda).

Hamish Macintosh on the table i heard?

roo boys!

Doubt you would get McIntosh. Doubt anyone will, but last of all Essendon.

Boomz

Quote from: Luigi197 on October 04, 2011, 05:04:56 PM

Therefore if Hille and Ryder are rotating rucks, Belly better play in the fwd. If Hirdy is not willing to play a tall in the fwd now, then i hope he will soon, because most of our targets are small (Davey, Jetta, Monfries kinda).

Not being rude but none of that makes much sense to me... Ryder & Hille can both play fwd, belly not so much. Our tall targets up forward are Hurley, Carlisle & Crameri (Medium but plays tall). We dont need another ruck/fwd... Ryder, Hille, Belly, Jenkins & Joe Daniher (Father son next year) + our pure fwds in Carlisle & Hurley. Seems like enough targets to me  :-X

Maca24

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 04, 2011, 05:34:23 PM

Not being rude but none of that makes much sense to me... Ryder & Hille can both play fwd, belly not so much. Our tall targets up forward are Hurley, Carlisle & Crameri (Medium but plays tall). We dont need another ruck/fwd... Ryder, Hille, Belly, Jenkins & Joe Daniher (Father son next year) + our pure fwds in Carlisle & Hurley. Seems like enough targets to me  :-X
+1 :P
No need for HMac. We need smalls.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on October 04, 2011, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on October 04, 2011, 05:34:23 PM

+1 :P
No need for HMac. We need smalls.
Yeah. We need a betts or garlett type player, as davey and jetta and that are fast, but dont kick that many goals.
Hurley is going to be a freak. He seems to monster everyone, even when we are gettting owned.

Maca24

Yea he a freak at both ends  :o

Backline is set for me. Hibberd and Hardingham are good at small shutdown roles while we obviously have the talls.
Playmaker wouldn't hurt back there I spose, but think we need a quality Mid.
If it was me, I'd be chasing one in Trade week either this year or next year.

bomberboy0618

We need another quality mid. Watson is a freak but if we had a another like him we would be able to go the next step.

roo boys!

Oh, so you're not asking for much there BB :P

Someone like Betts/Garlett and another Jobe Watson. Yeah, they will be easy to get :P

Cicjose

they need another running defender

Boomz

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-has-fight-to-keep-ruckman-josh-jenkins/story-fn69a32t-1226158485422 Looks like I jinxed it saying we don't need another ruck... lol

I'm gonna come straight out & say I think this is bs being fed from his manager though to lift his price & try & get us to promote him off the rookie list... Really a guy in his first season who (despite what that article says) didn't do much in the VFL this year being chased by 5 clubs?!

Justin Bieber

I've never heard of Jenkins :-X.

Our forwardline and Backline are set. We have depth in our Ruckman, although it'd be good to see Belly play. Midfield is our problem. Inside we are built fine with Watson, Hocking and Howlett doing a fine job. Outside is a different problem. We have some decent runners (Dempsey and Winderlich injured this season) but that is where we need a quality midfielder. I'm fine if we can pick one up in the draft. If Mitchell Grigg falls to us, we better pick him up otherwise, RAGE >:O. He's got a great kick on him which is the type of midfielder we need, who can spot up targets in the 50 and deliver it in well. Doubt we could trade for one but I have some hope we can.

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 05, 2011, 02:36:13 AM
I've never heard of Jenkins :-X.

Our forwardline and Backline are set. We have depth in our Ruckman, although it'd be good to see Belly play. Midfield is our problem. Inside we are built fine with Watson, Hocking and Howlett doing a fine job. Outside is a different problem. We have some decent runners (Dempsey and Winderlich injured this season) but that is where we need a quality midfielder. I'm fine if we can pick one up in the draft. If Mitchell Grigg falls to us, we better pick him up otherwise, RAGE >:O. He's got a great kick on him which is the type of midfielder we need, who can spot up targets in the 50 and deliver it in well. Doubt we could trade for one but I have some hope we can.

Agree with most of that but still think we need a decent crumber up forward because davey isn't up to it & Jetta is better when he plays as a mid...

oh and while I'm in the mood of bashing Jon Ralph... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/what-your-club-is-up-to-in-trade-week/story-fn6cisdj-1226158403636 check the essendon bit right at the bottom and tell me whats wrong  :-X

Should at least check our playing list if he doesn't have a clue  ::)

Come on the chat hp :P

Justin Bieber

They are servicable though. Indeed we could look for one as well as an Outside midfielder. Think we'll draft 1-2 of each 8).