c4's 2012 Bargains: Lenny Hayes

Started by c4v3m4n, October 03, 2011, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be selecting Lenny Hayes in 2012?

Locked and loaded.
10 (20%)
He's on the shortlist.
20 (40%)
Jeez, it's a 50/50 call.
10 (20%)
Very unlikely for me.
3 (6%)
No, too risky.
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voldemort

he cam back from his ACL, first game, 25 (or 26) possessions, and he also had a massive WAFL with some 40+ possessions

+ he has still injured at the start of the year all the way through to the middle of the year

Lenny will be back to full fitness before the AFL year starts 

CrowsFan

As ossie said Barlow was much younger, only 23 so easier to recover. Also he didn't do his ACL he broke his leg which is completely different.

charliesheen

Barlow is an old man.  Time to move on.

Oscar Judd is the way forwards.

Cruiseon

Quote from: charliesheen on October 28, 2011, 03:54:20 PM
Barlow is an old man.  Time to move on.

Oscar Judd is the way forwards.

It's true he could be good pick-up under the father/son rule at the Weagles. Remind who else his father played for? 

Voldemort

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 28, 2011, 03:47:48 PM
As ossie said Barlow was much younger, only 23 so easier to recover. Also he didn't do his ACL he broke his leg which is completely different.
he broken is tibia, which takes equally as long as an ACL to recover from, and 30 is isnt very old in the real world. Many people all around the world recover from injuries without professional help that Hayes is getting and they are well over 30, so the age isnt an excuse for injury.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Voldemort on October 28, 2011, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 28, 2011, 03:47:48 PM
he broken is tibia, which takes equally as long as an ACL to recover from, and 30 is isnt very old in the real world. Many people all around the world recover from injuries without professional help that Hayes is getting and they are well over 30, so the age isnt an excuse for injury.
You just don't get it. As you get older it gets harder and takes longer to recover and return to previous form. This is the type of stuff I do at uni. No sportsmen who suffers are massive injury like an ACL tear ever fully gets back to previous standards. He not only has the physical battle but also a psychological one to face too

Ziplock

CrowsFan

AFEV

Must agree with C4 here.
The ACL is one of the most difficult injuries to come back from, especially for a footballer.

Trying to compare Michael Barlow to Lenny Hayes is ludicrous.

First of all, Barlow is 23 and was 22 when he broke his leg. It was also a fairly clean break.
Lenny Hayes is 31, and will be 32 in January. He was 31 when he did his ACL.

Just because Lenny is younger than other people that do their ACL, sure maybe they come back from it just fine, but they're not competing against elite sportsmen in a high contact sport now are they?

I'm going to pass on Lenny this year, I'd love to see him come back and be as good as he was previously though.

CrowsFan

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 30, 2011, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: Sid on October 30, 2011, 09:58:09 AM
Must agree with C4 here.
Agree with C4 or CF?

With me.  :P

To paraphrase Brian Fantana...

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, I'm right every time."

charliesheen

I think these type of injuries affect players that rely on their athletic gifts, and also tailing towards end of their careers.  Barlow relies more on getting in right positions, running hard, and good game sense.

Personally, I think it will be more a confidence thing for him.  I get a feeling as his confidence builds, and getting continuous games, his season will get better.

Reckon could potentially do a Rockliff.

Average ~100 between rounds 1-10, then average ~110-120 between rounds 10-23

You could argue, he might be a better pick later in the season.  The problem is, if he gets off to a flyer, you lose value in the pick.  On the other hand, if he doesn't get off to a flyer averaging 110+, you lose out.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: charliesheen on October 30, 2011, 02:38:17 PM
You could argue, he might be a better pick later in the season.  The problem is, if he gets off to a flyer, you lose value in the pick.  On the other hand, if he doesn't get off to a flyer averaging 110+, you lose out.

That is the beauty about this game, it's all about taking risks.