Main Menu

2011 Premiership cup

Started by CFC 1979, October 03, 2011, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

bunyip

Nice one CFC. Scarlo said he thought we could go back to back, it might be up to you to stop us. Are you up for it?

RiOtChEsS

definitely hope so but it would take plenty of lucky breaks as it is a major step up...

Congrats Cats ;)

bunyip

A wise man once said "The harder you train, the luckier you get".
Look at it this way, if you make the top 4 next season as you should, and you won a final this season, then you only have to win two more games next year, right?

ossie85

Quote from: bunyip on October 06, 2011, 11:19:04 AM
A wise man once said "The harder you train, the luckier you get".
Look at it this way, if you make the top 4 next season as you should, and you won a final this season, then you only have to win two more games next year, right?

Just tell that to the Saints and Dogs

Blues I do worry about though

bunyip

I never said it was gunna be easy. Actually, I don't think I would like to be the first team to play Collingwood next season.

Cruiseon

Are you still the 2011 Premiers Bunyip?

ossie85

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 18, 2011, 06:21:31 PM

Yeah :(

Been thinking about it bunyip, and the 2011 finals series was the most dominant of all the Cats recent final series. Geelong could have easily lost the 2007 PF or the 2009 GF, but in 2011 never really looked like losing a final.

bunyip

You're right. Whoever won that PF in 2007 was going to win the flag. I think Gelong played fairly consistantly throughout the year. I don't believe we hit a vein of good form at finals time. We had good depth and not many injuries. Our players also seemed fresh compared to some of the other teams. Go figure.
What I want to know is, where are they going to fit Vardy and Manzel when they return?

bunyip

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 18, 2011, 06:21:31 PM

I admit I've been fairly subdued Cruis.
I'm proud of Geelongs achievement this season, but, all year I never really thought that they'd do it. To be honest I thought Collingwood would win it again. I only started getting really confident after our first final against the Hawks. Even then I could not just dismiss Collingwoods brutal demolition of all the other teams during the season, even though a lot of the media jumped off them, (with good reason as it turned out) it was always in the back of my mind.
So, I see this season with a sense of awe and almost astonishment at what Geelong have achieved. They are the best Geelong team ever, and, if they win back to back flags as Scarlo has indicated they are aiming for, they will take their place in history as one of the best teams ever, and I am alive to see it.
Next season should be real interesting for a lot of reasons.