Total Score: 1432
Average Score: 84.2
High: (116) RND 23 V Port
Low: (34) RND 14 V Hawks
Centuries: 7 out of 17
Starting Price: $337,800
High Price: $392,000
Low Price: $326,800

Summary - Hurley started the year well with an 80, 93 and 100, but from then he become inconsistant as he began to get slight injuries. On his return from these injuries, he was shifting from back to forwards all the time which added further inconsistency in scores. After getting over a foot injury he returned to string a number of games together before the year was out. Overall he was consistant when playing as an un-injured forward. Will the speculation of a move to GWS at the end of 2012 get the better of him though?

Decision - Depends where Hird chooses to play him, if he's consistantly playing as a FF or CHF then he's well worth a look, but as a shutdown defender he may be good at keeping his opponents goals down but he is also good at keeping his scores down.

Will you pick up Hurley in 2012?

meow meow

Gun player. Too injury prone for my liking.

Justin Bieber

I like Hurley but teams know he's our best forward so he gets the best defender :(. Which is I will be more inclined to sneak in Crameri or Ryder, who have shown more potential fantasy wise. Crams can move out of the forward line and can take a solid mark, while hopefully Ryder plays more ruck! Will certainly get on one of them (Essendon fan so have to get 2-3 of them in the team) but have to say no to Hurley :(.

meow meow

Ryder is, and always has been a backman.

Cookie Monster

Hurley is locked and loaded in my team, even if he does take the best backman, he has such good strength in the core he can keep his feet. I remember in the elim final, he took the ball on the bounce, Henderson right on him, and just turned him, he lost his feet, Hurley ran on and almost sank a goal. He is great in the air, but is as good on the ground, for his price, he is an awesome pick up.

Another example, Round 21 v Western Bulldogs, he has Morris for most of the match and killed him.

his into his 3rd season now and he will be killing it in the next 3-4 years.

Cicjose

hurley is going to be a gun

he is in my team

Maca24

Hurley is my favourite Essendon Player.  :-*
That being said, I don't think I will pick him.

pothead

i'm not quite sure if i will get hurley next year i dont think i will but he is a possibility

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Maca24 on October 13, 2011, 08:40:14 PM
Because you don't want him to dissapoint you?

His mine aswel i idolise him.

Holz

he is in the akward price range, he has to beat out guys like brown, jroo,, voldt and didak to make my squad. Probably would rather take a punt on a guy like jroo, voldt  or brown.

bowyanger

Im never getting KPP's again...especially when the forward gets triple teamed now. Players like the Roo's & Hurley find it much harder to score..besides Franks...he gets up the ground a lot that contributes to his scoring. Maybe even Petrie because he is such a good pack mark....but thats it
Ruckmans scoring can also be affected by the 3rd man up. Im assuming this tactic will become popular next year for us all to contend with

Cookie Monster

So what you're saying is when Hurley goes foward, he plays out of the square, and his not a good mark?

what planet are you on right now?

Maca24

Quote from: Cookie Monster on October 13, 2011, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 13, 2011, 08:40:14 PM
Because you don't want him to dissapoint you?

His mine aswel i idolise him.
Kind of, yeh  :P

ossie85

Quote from: bowyanger on October 15, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
Im never getting KPP's again...especially when the forward gets triple teamed now. Players like the Roo's & Hurley find it much harder to score..besides Franks...he gets up the ground a lot that contributes to his scoring. Maybe even Petrie because he is such a good pack mark....but thats it
Ruckmans scoring can also be affected by the 3rd man up. Im assuming this tactic will become popular next year for us all to contend with

Cloke had one of the most amazing marking years ever. Surely he's a short list?

bowyanger

Yes Cloke had a purple patch there this year around the middle of the season....he even kicked much straighter, but he wont be on any of my list's...Ill be going forwards that get lots of the pill e.g Pav, RoK, Goodes....maybe not those certain players as theyre getting a little long in the tooth...I guess a lot will depend on players position allocation next year also, players such as Dangerpants, Zaharakis, Fyfe etc.
Who knows what effect Bucks will have on the Pies list....Chris Scott lowered Chappies SC ave. this year pretty well