Breaking News: Trading System to be Changed

Started by Barlow 21, October 03, 2011, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yeah, I think I'm with you pyro, and the rolling lock out is probably not the way to go.

But what is wrong with reversible trades until lock-out?

Master Q

I guess, but then you can be trading your players in and out all week...

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on October 04, 2011, 12:05:21 PM
I guess, but then you can be trading your players in and out all week...

We basically do that anyway don't we? I'm not sure how it can hurt.

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on October 04, 2011, 07:10:48 AM

Reversible trades until lock out I've been saying should be in for years! So yay!
Thats the only rule I like. The rest can get flowered haha

PowerBug

The only one that doesn't seem to make much of a difference is the reversable trades.

Ringo

I also like reversable trades but the only problem as I see it is technical in that would the servers be able to cope with possible increased traffic at the last minute.  I know a couple of times I had trouble trying to trade prior to lock out due to slowness of system and as I result I usually completed trades Thursday night or Friday morning to avoid this peak time. Would have liked the opportunity once or twice to reverse due to late changes,
If rolling lock out is to be implemented as Holz has said Captain and V/c must be locked at Friday Lockout.

AndyJ

Quote from: DazBurg on October 03, 2011, 03:57:41 PM
can't help but think of the old saying

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

;)

Agree with that.

newfreofan

Well one thing that makes me think they might do the rolling lockout is advertising. The ads on their website and smart phone aps earn more the more clicks they're getting. Rolling lockouts would have people logging on more often than they do.

Voldemort

how would reversible trades work anyway? E.g. you bring a player in for someone, then you remove him for someone else before Friday, and overall you use up only one trade?

ossie85

Quote from: Voldemort on October 13, 2011, 01:01:48 PM
how would reversible trades work anyway? E.g. you bring a player in for someone, then you remove him for someone else before Friday, and overall you use up only one trade?

Reckon it would simply be a 'reset' button.

So you make your trade, but if your not happy with it later on, press the reset button, and your team goes back to what it was before you traded that week.

Voldemort

but that removes a bit of fun out of the game, if someone flowers up, tough luck haha

Cicjose

that to me, takes the skill out of the game

admittedly i made mistakes last year but im now a better player for it

all this will do is bring those too lazy to do the research into play

for their leagues or overall

Voldemort

Quote from: Cicjose on October 13, 2011, 04:41:10 PM
that to me, takes the skill out of the game

admittedly i made mistakes last year but im now a better player for it

all this will do is bring those too lazy to do the research into play

for their leagues or overall

100% agree, many hardcore coach shed blood, sweat and tears and the current system is just about as good as it can get, for me anyway, so leave it as it is

Dudge

If they change it we should all go on STRIKE ;D

Fyfe_gun

rolling lockout is a great idea

wouldnt mind seeing a wildcard where you can pick your team again for the salary cap you have only for one week like in soccer. Advantages the good coaches with high value teams and stops mid season whinging