Breaking News: Trading System to be Changed

Started by Barlow 21, October 03, 2011, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow 21

It has lately been revealed that the trading system for SuperCoach and DreamTeam 2012 is going to change. They are apparently changing it to a more user friendly trading system which doesn't adavantage the "experienced" supercoachers. Fantasy Freako broke the news on Twitter last week and it is being heavily rumoured to be changed to one of these options.
-Rolling Lockout (Players are locked out when their games starts letting us bench/trade subs and late withdrawels.)
-Reversable Trades (Trades being able to be changed up until the Friday before the game.)
-Unlimited trades per week (Unlikely but being rumoured.)

Would you like these options?

bomberboy0618

This is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen. It will lead to higher scores, and careful captain choices has gone out the window as you get 2 bites at the apple every week using the loophole. Reversable trades I dont like, but I can see their point, but rolling lockout just seems ridiculous. Slowly taking the skill out of the game.

Master Q

I doubt anyone of those will happen. 1st most likely out of those however.

C-Dogg

rolling lockout is pretty good, but who can keep up with all the late changes? for example ur out and about and ur opponent is at home on his pc, you pretty much need NO LIFE for these changes to happen

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ringo

Have to agree highly unlikely to happen and really agree with C Dogg that a rolling lock out will advantage those that constatntly sit on their PC's as oppossed to those who are out and about eg Weddings, Kid's sports etc.  Takes the skill out of the game as part of the skill is ensuring you have the right emergency in place to cover any last minute withdrawals.  7:40 Lock outs on Friday night way to go.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ringo on October 03, 2011, 12:13:29 PM
Have to agree highly unlikely to happen and really agree with C Dogg that a rolling lock out will advantage those that constatntly sit on their PC's as oppossed to those who are out and about eg Weddings, Kid's sports etc.  Takes the skill out of the game as part of the skill is ensuring you have the right emergency in place to cover any last minute withdrawals.  7:40 Lock outs on Friday night way to go.
The arguments for this I have heard are that with everyone having a smart phone nowdays means the site can be accessed pretty much everywhere.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 03, 2011, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 03, 2011, 12:13:29 PM

And it is the same as all the NFL related fantasy competitions. They operate in a similar way with a rolling lock out which the AFL games should incorporate as well.
The arguments for this I have heard are that with everyone having a smart phone nowdays means the site can be accessed pretty much everywhere.

Luigi197

I don't get the Rolling Lockout

+Has anyone thought of a wild-card to be used?

Jugganauts

Excatly right Luigi the wildcard would be excellent, They use the wildcard in the epl fantasy league you get 2 a lot of people use the wildcard early in the season then close to the end this would allow hundreds of fantasy coaches to freshen up their teams that have been ravaged by injuries

popedelio

I actually dont mind the reversible trades, because some people do get burnt hard when they trade early and heath shaw goes and screws everybody over.
Quote from: Jugganauts on October 03, 2011, 03:11:32 PM
Excatly right Luigi the wildcard would be excellent, They use the wildcard in the epl fantasy league you get 2 a lot of people use the wildcard early in the season then close to the end this would allow hundreds of fantasy coaches to freshen up their teams that have been ravaged by injuries
Though how would a wild card work for supercoach/dreamteam. A wild card works for epl fantasy because you dont lose points when you trade players. Though for supercoach what can occur, you get an extra 50K for one trade? or you just have an extra trade for round eg you make 3 trades in 1 round? Wildcard wouldn't work for sc/dt

Barlow 21

Just remember guys Virtual Sports are trying to make it easier for the non-serious players.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Barlow 21 on October 03, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
Just remember guys Virtual Sports are trying to make it easier for the non-serious players.

It isn't hard as it is.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: popedelio on October 03, 2011, 03:28:39 PM
I actually dont mind the reversible trades, because some people do get burnt hard when they trade early and heath shaw goes and screws everybody over.
Quote from: Jugganauts on October 03, 2011, 03:11:32 PM
Though how would a wild card work for supercoach/dreamteam. A wild card works for epl fantasy because you dont lose points when you trade players. Though for supercoach what can occur, you get an extra 50K for one trade? or you just have an extra trade for round eg you make 3 trades in 1 round? Wildcard wouldn't work for sc/dt
Yes it would. Towards finals make downgrades for a couple of weeks and then use the wildcard and make more upgrades then otherwise possible.

DazBurg

can't help but think of the old saying

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

;)

Barlow 21

Quote from: DazBurg on October 03, 2011, 03:57:41 PM
can't help but think of the old saying

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"

;)
I agree. I hope it doesn't get changed but it is very likely it will. :(