Who Knows...
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Name: Sam Docherty
Position: Half Back Flank
Height: 183cm
Weight: 83kg

Well I needed to do another Defender and I really like the looks of Docherty of a bench position so why not? As you can tell by his size, Docherty isn't a tall defender so he loves his half back flank. He could be a very tempting option on the flank for his deadly rebounding abilities. He's got a great pair of legs on him which can make him a lethal rebounder for his team. He uses his speed to his advantage and provided great rebounding presence out of the backline. Not only is his rebounding great, but he reminds of of Hurn as a quarterback. His kicking is up there for the draft which makes him lethal in the backline. He's very calm and collected under pressure and can play shut down roles on his opponents very well, which is why I like him as a potential AFL player. He's not a very contested marker type player but he'll rack up the cheap marks like most defenders would, buying their time for their next attack.

Docherty plays for the Gippsland Power this season and he's beenvery solid and consistent for them. His Stats a very precise player by hand or foot, which is very nice for Supercoach.  As he's he rebounder, he'll get alot of the ball from teammates as they know he will use the ball well which means he can rack up good numbers. He's not one to give too many free kicks away but uses his pace to get tackles, which do add up as I'm a big fan of players who can tackle. He played 16 games for Gippy Power which could have been less if he had been called for Vic Country earlier. He wasn't in their starting squad (he was cut after being in the initial squad) but was called up for the last 2 games, which is when he starred against Western Australia. This shows he can perform when the pressure is on and will make his chances count.

Fantasy Relevant? I really like Docherty so may be a bit biased in saying yes. There isn't a huge pool of talent outside of the midfield in this draft. Docherty should go first round but may slip further back (I'm thinking somewhere in the 20's). He has talent to be a solid AFL player, and his rebounding skills will be very useful to a team such as Port or Kangaroos who could use a rebounder. His ability to defend should be an indication of his potential so hopefully he gets gametime next season. Right now, I see him slotting nicely into my 8th or 9th defender spot for his ability to rebound and get possessions.

Torpedo10

A Yes from me. He should be a great Bench/Emergency player and should get a lot of games if he goes to Port or the Kangaroos  :)

Ziplock

if he goes to freo, it's going to be very tempting to call him docker :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on October 04, 2011, 12:35:33 AM
if he goes to freo, it's going to be very tempting to call him docker :P
Haha, he could go between 10-20 although could slip so he may end up at Freo yet ;).

underdog11

is he injured or not cause some teams have him, some dont im confused?

elephants

Not in my team. Better options for 30k less.

Hammer11

Looking for a couple of cheapie options around the 100k mark in the backs.
Given we should rule a line through Docherty, what are some options available?
Cheers

elephants

Morris and Ellis (rich)
Sierekowski (north)
Bugg (GWS)
Wilkes (saints)
Mohr (GWS)

These are some, there are otherss. Look around the forum, you'll soon find out who is popular and expected to get games...

Ringo

Have attached this quote for you being a Lions Supporter from Lions news of 23/12/2011:

"Draftee Sam Docherty has just had hip surgery but is not expected to miss too much time. "

To me this statement would place him in doubt for Round 1

elephants

Thanks Ringo. i actually didn't know that. Won't be in my starting team, maybe a tasty downgrade?

underdog11

sam docherty, is he injured? will he play round one, will u take him?

Off Tap

He's carrying a hip injury I think. He'd be in about two thirds of all teams at the moment.

If he doesn't start up in R1 he will be a good trade later on in the year.

Lions01

Had minor hip surgery (Didn't participant in Draft Combine because of it) , Anticipated to be back into full training just after the xmas break.

Brisbane draft Docherty because of his kicking ability coming out of the back half, an area that needed addressing. If fully fit by the end of the NAB Cup no doubt that he'll play. Rebounding defender are very suited as Fantasy player and there's no reason why a Rookie cant hold a spot down all year (Heppel and Conca last year)

So it's a yes at this stage, but for similar value i could be going Ellis or Marty Clark

rebird

Will probably be a good downgrade target, later in the season.

mdub

Docherty will play in round one . and may get a game in Nab cup