Main Menu

Malthouse

Started by Holz, October 03, 2011, 01:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

With Mick declining the role at collingwood, do you guys think he will coach for another club or retire for good. 

8-6 Suited

He will go into the media. I strongly doubt he will coach again.

Holz

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 03, 2011, 02:15:01 AM
He will go into the media. I strongly doubt he will coach again.

you are probably right but he is easily in the top 5 coaches going around. I think its a huge mistake going to bucks. I hope they drop outside the top 4 because of it.  Why mess with a winning (or almost winning) formula, in my opinion its a selfish move by bucks.

cptFantasy

You sound misinformed Holzman, 2 years ago every club was lining up for Buckley as coach, north at the head of the list. Make no mistake Bucks will be one of the best of the young batch of coaches coming through.

Holz

Quote from: cptFantasy on October 03, 2011, 04:25:00 AM
You sound misinformed Holzman, 2 years ago every club was lining up for Buckley as coach, north at the head of the list. Make no mistake Bucks will be one of the best of the young batch of coaches coming through.

Not sure about misinformed more differing opinion. I feel almost every team would rather have Mick one of the greatest coach's of all time over an unproven coach. Unless malthouse has lost his passion like Thompson I see no reason to switch coach's at the moment. Unlike telling last year collingwood was the dominant team of the year only losing to the premiers.

ossie85

Just like to say thanks Mick for 12 years!

A flag, 3 runners-up and 2 other top 4 positions.

Master Q

Quote from: Holzman on October 03, 2011, 06:44:45 AM
Quote from: cptFantasy on October 03, 2011, 04:25:00 AM

Not sure about misinformed more differing opinion. I feel almost every team would rather have Mick one of the greatest coach's of all time over an unproven coach. Unless malthouse has lost his passion like Thompson I see no reason to switch coach's at the moment. Unlike telling last year collingwood was the dominant team of the year only losing to the premiers.
And I think we are forgetting that Voss, Hird and Bucks all declined other roles because they wanted to return to their old club. He could of waited a few more years...

Cruiseon

There might be a fair bit more to come out of this story as time progreses.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/malthouse-tells-his-side-of-story-20111003-1l5c3.html

It's interesting when you consider that this time last year Geelong were saying Bomber Thompson was exhausted and needed a break but would be definitely coaching Geelong in 2011.  It's very different but both are rather unusual for the prior year Premiers.

Barlow 21

Mick came on to be our guest
Tried to get things off his chest
Will he and bucks coach in pairs?
The chat went for a freakin week
I think Bryce Gibbs fell asleep.
But will mick hang around?
Malthouse
he could be out on the street
Malthouse
His job descriptions incomplete