Main Menu

My Top 50 of 2011

Started by Maca24, October 02, 2011, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on October 03, 2011, 05:09:51 PM
SWALLOW is absolutely robbed not to be in there.

im happy with the list but i would put swallow easily inside the top 30, i would put him ahead of wells anyday. Happy to see petrie and goldy getting some respect though. If we can get inside the top 4 in the next couple of years swallow is a chance for a brownlow.

roo boys!

Swallow is a chance for a triple brownlow. :D ;)

Maca24

Well I moved Zaha out of the list as I realised my love for him is extremely biased.
Griffen takes his spot.
Swallow is on Special Mentions just to piss kangas supporters off  :P

roo boys!

It won't just piss us off, it will piss the FOOTBALL community off as they all know he is robbed :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on October 03, 2011, 05:49:46 PM
Well I moved Zaha out of the list as I realised my love for him is extremely biased.
Griffen takes his spot.
I would hide it right at the end :P.

Maca24

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 03, 2011, 05:53:45 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 03, 2011, 05:49:46 PM
Griffen takes his spot.
I would hide it right at the end :P.
In small print  :P

roo boys!

So you guys don't think he is worthy of a top 50 spot?

He is 4th in the league for contested possessions per game.
He is 6th in the league for 1st possessions per game.
He is 17th in the league for ave disposals per game.
He is 8th in the league for ave tackles per game.
He is 9th in the league for ave clearances per game.
He is 14th in the league for ave SC score per game, if that is a factor.

Need any more proof? Obviously an elite midfielder.

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on October 03, 2011, 08:16:47 PM
So you guys don't think he is worthy of a top 50 spot?

He is 4th in the league for contested possessions per game.
He is 6th in the league for 1st possessions per game.
He is 17th in the league for ave disposals per game.
He is 8th in the league for ave tackles per game.
He is 9th in the league for ave clearances per game.
He is 14th in the league for ave SC score per game, if that is a factor.

Need any more proof? Obviously an elite midfielder.

But he plays for North - nuff said :P :P

(j/k)

ossie85

He made my top 50 rb!

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44292.0.html

Had him at 33.

Think he is in the 2nd tier of midfielders, but getting closer every year to that top tier (top = Ablett, Judd, Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Selwood, etc.)

ossie85

Just noticed Maca, no Scarlett?

valkorum

Quote from: ossie85 on October 03, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

That was the best thing about his list - NO Scarlett.  Overated - plays the same role as Dustin Fletcher where they sit on weaker, smaller, slower player and then run off to be either the 3rd man up or run out of defense.  Tell me how many games this year (or in his career) Scarlett played on the FF or even the CHF (Taylor, Lonnergan did all year).

Silvagni of the Stephen kind is by far the best fullback the game has seen (although I am excited by the Alex kind).  Glass is IMO the best FB playing at the moment and you guys must know how hard it is for me to name and Eagles player

Master Q

Well I think Geelong has changed his role as he is getting old. Personally I like the role for players like him and really does help against the strong forwards although against the weaker teams there isn't much point...

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on October 03, 2011, 08:49:17 PM
He made my top 50 rb!

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44292.0.html

Had him at 33.

Think he is in the 2nd tier of midfielders, but getting closer every year to that top tier (top = Ablett, Judd, Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, Selwood, etc.)
Nice decision there Oss, and nice list 8)

I agree on that front, hopefully his brother does make his way over to North once his contract is up at the Suns and our midfield will be unstoppable.

Maca24

Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2011, 09:04:50 PM

That was the best thing about his list - NO Scarlett.  Overated - plays the same role as Dustin Fletcher where they sit on weaker, smaller, slower player and then run off to be either the 3rd man up or run out of defense.  Tell me how many games this year (or in his career) Scarlett played on the FF or even the CHF (Taylor, Lonnergan did all year).

Silvagni of the Stephen kind is by far the best fullback the game has seen (although I am excited by the Alex kind).  Glass is IMO the best FB playing at the moment and you guys must know how hard it is for me to name and Eagles player
Couldn't agree more Valk. Scarlett is soooo overrated. How the flower did he get All-Aus?
Yes RB, they are good points. I made the wrong call but making a Top 50 list is tough!

roo boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on October 03, 2011, 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2011, 09:04:50 PM

Couldn't agree more Valk. Scarlett is soooo overrated. How the flower did he get All-Aus?
Yes RB, they are good points. I made the wrong call but making a Top 50 list is tough!
Not if your name is Andrew Swallow... ;)