Main Menu

Madden 12

Started by CrowsFan, September 30, 2011, 05:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Anyone got this game?
Just bought it today kinda spur of the moment. Used to have an old version on the PS2 a few years back and thought it was pretty cool so picked up 12 today.
So far it seems like a great game. The graphics and game play are amazing! Only problem is I don't actually know any of the players or anything so that is a little confusing...

CrowsFan

Just started the Be a Superstar mode thing. Made myself a HB and got picked at 114 in the draft by Jacksonville Jaguars...

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 30, 2011, 05:47:51 PM
Just started the Be a Superstar mode thing. Made myself a HB and got picked at 114 in the draft by Jacksonville Jaguars...

Careful CF... you're tempting me to spend money I can't really afford...

hmm... might go order GoW3, NHL 12 and that tennis game I wanted for a while :g

dvd.co.uk here I come :g

CrowsFan

Haha nails you should get it. Really enjoying it so far :D
Never watched NHL so can't comment on that. Which tennis game?

MajorLazer

I have Madden 11 on xbox 360 and that gets really boring after a while. Hopefully Madden 12 is better, but am getting Fifa 12 first.

cookie311993

I am getting fifa 12 next week most likely and am thinking fo getting madden 12 and nba 2k12

RiOtChEsS

The Madden Games r always the pinnacle of depth and detail, franchise mode is awesome too, play and manage ur favorite team or i used to love setting one up strictly for simulating purposes where i manage rosters, ticket sales, merchandise, relocating etc for all 32 teams and trying to have them all running profits while creating an absolute equal competition...

two minute drills and mini games r wicked aswell, if only AFL and cricket could invest that sort of money into their games...

CrowsFan

Over 100 features have been added to the franchise and superstar modes this year marcz :o

I don't actually know what they are since I didn't have last years but that is heaps!

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 30, 2011, 07:01:57 PM
Haha nails you should get it. Really enjoying it so far :D
Never watched NHL so can't comment on that. Which tennis game?

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/cattpsp4360/top-spin-4-xbox-360.htm

That one is the one I think I wanted... not sure how old it is now though  ???

CrowsFan

It was released earlier this year nails. I had top spin 3 and to be honest was not impressed. Not sure how much of an improvement they have made though...

Mat0369

Top Spin 4 is terrible, don't bother getting it. The Madden games have been a bit of a rip. They take out features every year and then add them back in a couple of years claiming them as 'new'. The last good Madden game was 2005, when they had some competition. Since they have owned the sole rights to make NFL games, they have gone downhill. Last seasons was a slight improvement. It is still a frustrating game with LB'ers jumping 9 feet in the air to bat down passes, CB's jumping routes they are nowhere near. You still get the dodgy guys online every now and then. I still buy it every year hoping that it will improve and play the hell out of the game because there are simply no other alternatives.

CrowsFan

In franchise mode you can relocate your team, so moved the Minnesota Vikings to Las Vegas and now they are known as the Las Vegas Vipers :D

MajorLazer

I think you meant the Minnesota Vikings. :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: MajorLazer on November 08, 2011, 11:39:50 PM
I think you meant the Minnesota Vikings. :P
Haha yep that's the one I meant  :-[
Not sure why I said that ::)

MajorLazer

I'm gonna get the game around Christmas time. Playing Fifa 12 right now so stuff Madden. :P