Main Menu

Swanny from left field!

Started by Wes Mantooth, September 27, 2011, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Mantooth

Didn't see him winning it this year, thought Pendles had it but suppose after the hype of last year the umpires noticed him a little bit more in the voting. Either that or Eddie cashed them up.

Will it affect his performance on Saturday? He always looks like a rabbit in headlights...

8-6 Suited

Nah I doubt it will affect him at all.

Ringo

As you know do not support the Pies but it would not surprise to see Swan complete the Brownlow - Norm Smith Medal Double.

PowerBug

The umps felt sorry for him last year, you know how he got like 0 votes, so this year they were kinder to him. Same will happen to Goodes next year maybe if the Swans stay in the eight.

RiOtChEsS

we all knew he was an elite player and now thats not up for debate, Congrats Swanny

PowerBug

Quote from: Marcz on September 27, 2011, 12:01:49 PM
we all knew he was an elite player and now thats not up for debate, Congrats Swanny
Not saying he ain't a great player, he's awesome. Should've won last year too, the umps just made sure of it this year ;)

Maca24

Pendles will get Norm Smith.
Unless Cats win, then I reckon James Kelly.

ossie85

If you had told me 5 years ago that Dane Swan would now be a 3 time best and fairest winner, a 3 time All-Australian, a Premiership Player, an AFL MVP and a Brownlow Medallist... I'd probably have told you to stop being a tool and that Dane was lucky to be in our best 28.

..... Well done Swanny. Workrate is outstanding, and thoroughly deserved!

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 27, 2011, 12:36:42 AM
Nah I doubt it will affect him at all.

20 disposals... had no affect on the game at all.

ossie85

Post hoc ergo propter hoc....

The Brownlow didn't cause Swan's poor game, Ling did.

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on October 01, 2011, 07:53:25 PM
Post hoc ergo propter hoc....
The Brownlow didn't cause Swan's poor game, Ling did.
Sorry but despite Lings performance, i think Swan was below his brownlow par.

Wes Mantooth

Swan has managed to beat the pink pig tag the last number of times they've played.

Every other pie star performed moderately well today except him.

Windigo

Swan did better than Blair and Didak. I'm glad Collingwood lost.

I would've thrown the remote at the TV seeing Didak's smug face on the podium. Did bugger all season. Admittedly he has been injured etc.