Who Knows.
8 (26.7%)
WTF Is With The Name....
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voldemort

Justin Bieber

bundyboy

skinny as Fyfe...  has the potentuial to be pretty good too....

always a worry the lightly framed guys, but he does play more an outside role from what I understand, so if he can find a little space and with a bit of pace, might turn into a nice kind of link player...

yep - definately on my radar..

fortynine

I wouldn't be too concerned about his Sturt statistics, and is it extremely dangerous to base your judgements on a player simply based on numbers as we know how much DT can deceive! I know that this is all because it is fantasy relevant, but this is relevant in the sense that as Pplz suggested, he is considered to be probably the most complete midfielder who's ready to come in by a lot of knowledgeable scouts, and history always suggests that the most mature kids are the one who succeed the quickest in AFL.

Don't forget that Joel Selwood also had clouds over him and was the reason he dropped to 7th, I know it is injury related but I have heard a lot of people say that he is very similar to Selwood in the sense that he is a young leader who a team like Port could definitely rebuild a new midfield around (if the SA home lure is enough or GWS are insane to not take him).

I think as it stands my locks are Patton and Tyson, with Wingard next depending on where he goes.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bundyboy on September 28, 2011, 10:58:05 PM
skinny as Fyfe...  has the potentuial to be pretty good too....

always a worry the lightly framed guys, but he does play more an outside role from what I understand, so if he can find a little space and with a bit of pace, might turn into a nice kind of link player...

yep - definately on my radar..
I wouldn't call him and outside midfielder as he does like to commit himself to the ball. Brings some injury clouds over him as I think he's been concussed a few times going after the ball. He certainly seems like Joel Selwood in the sense they put the footy first, themselves second.

Skinny players could find it hard facing bigger bodies in the AFL but as you said Bundy, some pace and skills can overcome this fact (e.g Fyfe, Melksham). If he slips out of the Top 5 :-X.

Voldemort

Quote from: fortynine on September 29, 2011, 12:16:18 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned about his Sturt statistics, and is it extremely dangerous to base your judgements on a player simply based on numbers as we know how much DT can deceive! I know that this is all because it is fantasy relevant, but this is relevant in the sense that as Pplz suggested, he is considered to be probably the most complete midfielder who's ready to come in by a lot of knowledgeable scouts, and history always suggests that the most mature kids are the one who succeed the quickest in AFL.

Don't forget that Joel Selwood also had clouds over him and was the reason he dropped to 7th, I know it is injury related but I have heard a lot of people say that he is very similar to Selwood in the sense that he is a young leader who a team like Port could definitely rebuild a new midfield around (if the SA home lure is enough or GWS are insane to not take him).

I think as it stands my locks are Patton and Tyson, with Wingard next depending on where he goes.

isnt DT all about stats?

fortynine

Like I said in there, what I said IS fantasy relevant as statistics can be analysed in any number of ways....there is plenty of opportunity at the Combine to learn more about his development since that time as well.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on September 29, 2011, 11:26:16 AM
Quote from: fortynine on September 29, 2011, 12:16:18 AM

isnt DT all about stats?
It is but hard to compare him to a player playing say the TAC competition, where they face people their age rather than those who are older (more mature). I'd recommend what 49 said and watch/read about the combine and see for yourself how he stacks up (e.g kicking).

Torpedo10

Wingard is going to be a gun. His stats from Sturt should not worry you because if he goes to Port they will make him the key midfielder and will build the rest of the midfield around him, Because of that he will pick up lots of disposals and he will probably kick more than handball.

Voldemort

the main defender at Port is Travis Boak, and knowing Port, they will stuff this guy's career up as well  :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on October 06, 2011, 01:58:28 PM
the main defender at Port is Travis Boak, and knowing Port, they will stuff this guy's career up as well  :o
Midfielder? I think he could actually help Port out, maybe attract some players in the future when he sets off :P.

He wouldn't mind playing for Port or the Crows which is a Big plus for the South Australians, think he'd prefer to stay in SA!

Voldemort

yeah sorry, Boak is a midfielder, getting confused there  :o

Holz

Under 18 championship scores    73   72   98   15   average   64.50

Voldemort

DT talk reckon we wont be much of a DT scorer although he will make a difference at any club he goes to

PowerBug

WEEEEEEEEE      GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT    TTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE     WWWWWWWWIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will i get him??? Yes yes and yes again!! :D :D