WTF Is With The Name....
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Justin Bieber

Name: Chad Wingard
Position: Outside Midfielder
Height: 181cm
Weight: 73kg

Well as it's hard to find any decent stats for Wingard (who plays for Sturt in the SANFL anybody who wants to read up on him), I'll stick to the description this time around. Wingard is arguably the most complete midfielder in the draft and is near certain to go in the first 6 picks depending on how teams play it. He has some Scott Pendlebury/Marc Murphy about him with the way he goes about his footy. He has one of the best kicks in the draft not to mention his ability to gain plenty of clearances. Wingard seems to be in the top few Outside Midfielders in the draft and with his kick, he'll certainly get alot of the ball coming his way even if he is a rookie. He's quite the athletic as well with his speed and jump pretty decent. He captained South Australia in the U18 Carnival where he was named in The AA U18 team to cap off his great season.

Wingard also has the ability to move up forward and play on the flank and kick goals. He can play more than just midfield which can certainly work in his favor come time for the draft and choosing a fantasy team ;). Despite only being 73kg he has shown many times he will put his body on the lin at any cost. He has the heart of a True AFL player, not fearing away from the ball and his attitude on field has the ability to lift teammates around him.

Fantasy Relevant? For me, Absolutely! He could very well be the best player to come out of this draft, better than Patton and Coniglio. The way he plays his game has me tempted and his talent is undeniable. I'd certainly be considering him for a starting midfield spot as he's likely to go early, meaning he'll end up at either GWS, Suns or Port. He won't slip past Port (#6) I can gurantee you that. He was touted as a top 3 pick but the emergence of other great players (Tyson, Buntine and Longer) may see him pushed down to #6. I wouldn't mind that as we all know Port need some help in the midfield BAD. Wingard is a South Australian so don't think he'd mind staying in SA even if it is with Port :P. I hope he'll slip down to them although they'll be EXTREMELY lucky if he does.

Ziplock

I don't want port to get any good players *selfish* :P

Master Q

mcwarne

OMG Stop putting this up on both Dream Team AND SC everybody as it is coming up TWICE on the front page and it is Fercucking annoying as FerCUCK!!! It would be better if you put it up on DT only as SC is irrelavent.

Justin Bieber

Haha :P. Some users on here only play one specific game so if I put it on DT, the pure SC coaches rarely wonder into there.

I'm assuming you mean it's coming up twice on the FF main page?

Ziplock

mcwank, lay of hp. As he said, plenty of people only play one code or the other, but his write ups are valuable to both SC and DT, so he's just trying to get it out to as many people as possible.

On top of that, the differing opinions of the SCand DT values could offer further insight into choosing these players, so it could be valuableto read both anyway.

And variance in the voting on SC and DT would be statistically interesting imo.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on September 26, 2011, 06:36:31 AM
mcwank
:D :D

If he goes to Port i'll be very happy and i'll pick him ahead of Dane Swan.

Grazz

Voldemort

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on September 27, 2011, 04:37:28 PM
what are his stats for Sturt?
Sadly I can't find a solid set of average statistics but if you have the time, can go through all the games to find his stats each round (when he played) at this site:

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/statistics/2011_league_statistics/

Voldemort

he seems to be avg from the first few results, a few 20 disposal matches, but nothing special, maybe it's Sturt's bad form this year or maybe he's just not as good as everyone said he would be

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on September 28, 2011, 12:09:14 PM
he seems to be avg from the first few results, a few 20 disposal matches, but nothing special, maybe it's Sturt's bad form this year or maybe he's just not as good as everyone said he would be
Also have to consider his size and age compared to more mature players in the SANFL. For a youngster to average 20 disposals is quite good where most players have years on him at this level.

If it helps, he did make the U18 AA team for the carnival this season when he up against people his own age (which he Captained SA). Shows he was a standout for his age when pitted against the same. If he can come to the AFL and average 20 disposals a game (SANFL not the same level but still...), I'd be more than happy to jump on ;).

Voldemort

hmmm.... that was a couple of games with 20 disposals, some were much less, but can be stand up to AFL level or will they develop him rather than play him?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on September 28, 2011, 01:25:01 PM
hmmm.... that was a couple of games with 20 disposals, some were much less, but can be stand up to AFL level or will they develop him rather than play him?
For me, he is probably the most ready made midfielder in the draft. Long term he'll probably end up being an A-grade player. Short term, I'd still pick him over most other midfielders in this draft.

His body isn't as bulked up as many other players in this draft but his commitment to getting the ball is second to none for any others in there. SANFL does have some AFL calibre players in there and his games over 20 disposals showed he has great abilities to be able to do that. Although his age and inexperience do show his inconsistency (as with any youngsters). Compare him to draftees his age and you'll notice the difference. Probably being in SA doesn't help many in other parts of the country see how good he is as he doesn't get that much publicity around the place.

Voldemort

true + this year's draft isnt filled with as much talent as last year's. Last year, he wouldnt be considered top 10, but this year is a different story