Who Knows...
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Name: Dom Tyson
Position: Inside Midfielder
Height: 186cm
Weight: 82kg

Tyson has bolted up through phantom drafts because of his form this season. From a top 20 pick he's found him in top 6-7 contention (as high as 3 :o). Why has he bolted up? Because he's been in AWESOME form for the Oakleigh Chargers. He's regularly collecting over 20+ possessions in his matches as well as the cheap marks a midfielder gets through open space. His teammates look to him to get the ball to which is why he can rack up possessions, and more importantly, he doesn't let them down when the ball is in his hands. He has managed to kick 2-3 goals on 4 seperate occasions in his 9 matches for the Chargers this season as he was also featured in the U18 Championships where he made the AA team there.

Tyson has been likened to Simon Black on more than one occasion. He isn't a very speedy player nor is he athletic but doesn't mean he doesn't know how to play football. He has great awareness with the ball and his decision making is great more often than not. He gets in under packs and doesn't mind attacking the ball as shown by his usual 3+ tackles a game this season in the TAC Cup. He is an old fashioned footballer who has strong work rate on the field and can run all day long. He seems like a player who will be able to play AFL at the top level for a long time with his ability to gain possessions and use his footy wits to make smart decisions with the ball.

Fantasy Relevant? With his ability to accumulate possessions he is a certainty to consider no matter the price. I am a tad biased as I love his name and playing style which makes him a yes from me. He may go at #3 to GWS or may fall to #6 at Port Adelaide, where I'd prefer him to go due to he may be able to score more in their need for a player like him. He loves possessions whether it be teammates passing to him or Tyson going after his own ball. His decision making look great and if you are being compared to Simon Black, you should be good in the SC game. His tackling ability and skills make me think he could be just as good at SC as he is at DT. Athough at times his kicks are ineffective, overall he still has the skills to impact the game as a Rookie.

roo boys!

I probably will be, being a ball magnet and all...but for now, Who Knows? ..... ;)

Maca24

Really like the look of him. Is a strong draft IMO, better than the last 2 years by a long way in terms of the top guys.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on October 02, 2011, 04:33:13 PM
Really like the look of him. Is a strong draft IMO, better than the last 2 years by a long way in terms of the top guys.
The first round certainly has potentially great players. But near the end the talent pool starts to thin although still think a few prospects may drop. Will be hard to fit in alot of midfield rookies with a 2 man bench again :(.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 02, 2011, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on October 02, 2011, 04:33:13 PM
The first round certainly has potentially great players. But near the end the talent pool starts to thin although still think a few prospects may drop. Will be hard to fit in alot of midfield rookies with a 2 man bench again :(.
yea that's what I mean, which is why GWS are luckier than GC IMO.
Think I will go with 3 starting Midfield Rookies. Always worked for me so why not continue the trend  8)

Justin Bieber

I'm thinking something similar. At least I may go two with Tyson and Wingard on field for me. So many talented midfielders so can always wait for a few to drop :P.

Maca24

Well think I'll have to take Coniglio at this stage, and one of Tyson or Wingard. Then maybe Kavanagh, with Grigg and Shiel on bench  :P