Who Knows...
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Justin Bieber

Name: Dom Tyson
Position: Inside Midfielder
Height: 186cm
Weight: 82kg

Tyson has bolted up through phantom drafts because of his form this season. From a top 20 pick he's found him in top 6-7 contention (as high as 3 :o). Why has he bolted up? Because he's been in AWESOME form for the Oakleigh Chargers. He's regularly collecting over 20+ possessions in his matches as well as the cheap marks a midfielder gets through open space. His teammates look to him to get the ball to which is why he can rack up possessions, and more importantly, he doesn't let them down when the ball is in his hands. He has managed to kick 2-3 goals on 4 seperate occasions in his 9 matches for the Chargers this season as he was also featured in the U18 Championships where he made the AA team there.

Tyson has been likened to Simon Black on more than one occasion. He isn't a very speedy player nor is he athletic but doesn't mean he doesn't know how to play football. He has great awareness with the ball and his decision making is great more often than not. He gets in under packs and doesn't mind attacking the ball as shown by his usual 3+ tackles a game this season in the TAC Cup. He is an old fashioned footballer who has strong work rate on the field and can run all day long. He seems like a player who will be able to play AFL at the top level for a long time with his ability to gain possessions and use his footy wits to make smart decisions with the ball.

Fantasy Relevant? With his ability to accumulate possessions he is a certainty to consider no matter the price. I am a tad biased as I love his name and playing style which makes him a yes from me. He may go at #3 to GWS or may fall to #6 at Port Adelaide, where I'd prefer him to go due to he may be able to score more in their need for a player like him. He loves possessions whether it be teammates passing to him or Tyson going after his own ball, he looks made for the DT game.

Voldemort

bundyboy

solid body, and can seriously play...and I expect him to get plenty of game time overall...

definately on the radar...

fortynine

Locked in, after his game at the championships him and Toby Greene were just superb.

What are your thoughts on Mitchell Grigg? I thought that in the final game of the champs when Wingard was missing he took on a massive responsibility and acted with leadership and was the best on ground for them. Do you have any information on him? I only saw the one game but was impressed considering it was also under the lights at Etihad

Justin Bieber

You mentioned the 2 other midfieldes I like. Greene and Grigg are both expected to go in the first round and I rate Grigg pretty high 8). Greene has been just like Tyson in bolting up the rankings through his season in the TAC Cup this year. I'll do player profiles on them both today sometime as I've done my top 6 picks (and was going to take suggestions on if anybody has anybody they would like done).

Not on my computer right now so I'll get to them a bit later 49 :).

Torpedo10

He will be a Gun. He can tackle, get 15+ disposals a game and bag a few goals . He should be a top contender for a bench spot or even a 6th midfielder in my team.

Voldemort

Do a write up on Isreal Folau haha  8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Voldemort on October 06, 2011, 01:48:27 PM
Do a write up on Isreal Folau haha  8)
He's been put on the to do list ;).

Holz

under 18 championship scores: 112  76   69   68   134   average   91.80  definately on my radar after this. Hopefully he doesnt go to GWS

LaHug

Considering I know him personally, that always puts a bit of bias into my thoughts but I really love his footy and think he'll be a great midfielder that'll win a lot of the ball. Unless he's top 3 in the draft, I think he'll be the best scorer for his price tag. He's practically a certainty for me!

Torpedo10

It's cool that you now him but your not being biased. He will be a star and even if he is in the top three in the Draft he is still a guarantee in my team. I wonder who will pick him up in the Euro 15s?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 06:31:14 PM
I wonder who will pick him up in the Euro 15s?
That is not until the actual AFL players are drafted, so not for some time :P.

From many phantoms I've seen, Tyson is set to go at 3 or 4. He had a stellar season, especially in the middle to the end where he rose his draft stocks. I like him alot as he can be a very solid DT contributor. Just if GWS get him, their midfield will be stacked, so gametime/resting may be a little concerning!

I like him and not because his name is my Nick :-X.

elephants

Great write-up as always hp.
Hoping (yeah right) he slips to 23 to he come to us (eagles). Looks the goods but at thus stage no one should be set in stone or completely discounted. Watch this space.

truBLUE

There's so many good write ups  on our future guns need more room to fit em in , gonna be a buffet of choices  :)

Holz

this guy is almost a lock, its not going to happen but would love DPP