UFC Fantasy: Match Organising + Discussion

Started by Maca24, September 24, 2011, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

Justin Bieber

Well this game was lost a bit, and I was enjoying it quite a bit :(.

I have an idea. I won't be able to play through the matches (Don't have an Xbox or UFC game) but I do have Random.org! I can put down alot of potential endings to a match and work out rounds and whatnot when I have a spare few minutes every few days :). That's if Maca/Shaggy/Cookie don't have time to play the games.

I have 3 months filled with basically not much right now!

EDIT: Doing this could mean we can start with whole new lists of fighters and all but will listen to ideas.

Maca24

Happy for that to happen HP!
Unfortunately I have been quite busy of late and do not have the time..

Justin Bieber

All good Maca. I just realised I've got nothing better to do so once I get everything up and running, it'll be quite easy :P.

Also, can change the odds for the winner of the match. Say like Anderson Silva Vs Anybody else, he could have 4-1 odds of winning the match depending on the person. So he'll be favourite but there is still chance for the other guy to win (Being more realistic than the UFC game where anything can happen :P). Just an idea but we'd need the interest first.

Upside is, we can use any fighters we want ;).

Maca24

I like that a lot HP.
Hope you can generate interest as most of the people with the UFC game faded away along with me :P

Justin Bieber

This may work better as we can choose ANY fighters we want (e.g could go even Strikeforce and M-1 although I don't know many fighters from there). But we can cover more extensive fighters and is more of a casual game I can hold quite easily where everybody can only make matches or I can make the matches if the manager doesn't make enough matches before the Event :).

CrowsFan

Doesn't that kinda mean that all matches are completely random and no account of skill will be taken?
Since I assume the options would be something like:

• Lesnar wins by KO 1st round
• Lesnar wins by KO 2nd round
• Lesnar wins by KO 3rd round
• Lesnar wins by submission 1st round
• Lesnar wins by submission 2nd round
• Lesnar wins by submission 3rd round
• Lesnar wins by decision
• Kimbo wins by decision
• Kimbo wins by submission 3rd round
• Kimbo wins by submission 2nd round
• Kimbo wins by submission 1st round
• Kimbo wins by KO 3rd round
• Kimbo wins by KO 2nd round
• Kimbo wins by KO 1st round

Or am I mistaken?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 17, 2011, 09:44:26 PM
Also, can change the odds for the winner of the match. Say like Anderson Silva Vs Anybody else, he could have 4-1 odds of winning the match depending on the person. So he'll be favourite but there is still chance for the other guy to win (Being more realistic than the UFC game where anything can happen :P). Just an idea but we'd need the interest first.
I can change the odds for each round and all. It's going to be done on random org so can make the fight less likely to end in the first round than in say the third round. So if it's Lesnar Vs Kimbo, Lesnar would have like 10-1 Odds or better (I'd need help on some of the odds though as I don't know what would be good :P). So we'll have 10 options of Lesnar to win and 1 for Kimbo to win, e.g Kimbo has a puncher's chance but very unlikely.

Skill in real life will determine the odds. I can make it so that the fights are less likely to finish in the first round but increase as the fight goes on (e.g 4-1 for first round end, 3-1 for second round end, 2-1 third round finish) or something along those lines.

Hopefully that'll clear up a bit.

CrowsFan

Ah ok sorry missed that post.
Considering I will be away for 3 weeks I don't think I will participate sorry ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 18, 2011, 01:29:15 PM
Ah ok sorry missed that post.
Considering I will be away for 3 weeks I don't think I will participate sorry ;)
All good :). 3 weeks is not a long time ;). It may take like 2 weeks to generate enough interest :P. Then we can start drafting and you can join in and catch up with some picks.

Remember, we can choose out of any UFC fighters (limiting the pool a bit :P) so doubt you will miss out on Everybody :).

Maca24

I can help with odds if you need HP ;)
Will be good cas we can add Featherweights and Bantamweights! :)

Justin Bieber

Made some movement on the recruitment front last night.

We now have the following people willing to play: ML, Maca, Daz, CF and Myself (Think I may have missed someone though ???).

Maca24

Nice HP.
Smaller numbers will work better I reckon :)

DazBurg

hey HP i think i found something that could be a great help for this

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DazBurg on November 20, 2011, 02:53:18 PM
hey HP i think i found something that could be a great help for this
What is it? Always open to ideas :).

I think maybe 10 people may be a stretch right now! We could get say 10-15 fighters each (Spread across the weight divisions).