UFC Fantasy: Match Organising + Discussion

Started by Maca24, September 24, 2011, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

Quote from: Maca24 on September 26, 2011, 10:52:22 PM
I'd rather a title match for each card..

Ok then.. Sherk i guess, only because kenflo had his opportunity in the title fight.

Give Sherk a go

Maca24

I'll put that on then.
Lots of contenders in Lightweights so yea.

CrowsFan

That means I have 2 fights on the main card for UFC 2. I guess I wont have a fight on the under card then

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 27, 2011, 12:55:17 AM
That means I have 2 fights on the main card for UFC 2. I guess I wont have a fight on the under card then
If you don't want the match then tha'ts kool.

CrowsFan

I'm happy with it maca, but thought I was only allowed one on the main card?

Maca24

UFC 1: Silva vs Evans

Live at Mandalay Bay.

MAIN EVENT

UFC Light Heavyweight Title Match
Thiago Silva (c) vs Rashad Evans - New Champion! KO at 0:27 of R2

CO MAIN EVENT
Heavyweights (No.1 Contender)
Minotauro Noguiera Def. Cain Velasquez via KO (Overhead hook) at 2:53 of R3

Main Card:

Lightweights
Frankie Edgar Def. BJ Penn via KO (Right Hook) at 3:29 of R3

Middleweights
Mike Swick Def. Michael Bisping via KO (Hook) at 2:56 of R2

Welterweights
Dan Hardy Def. Carlos Condit via KO (1-2 punch combo) at 3:05 of R3

Under Card:

Heavyweights
Todd Duffee Def. Kimbo Slice via KO (Uppercut) at 0:44 of R2

Lightweights
Joe Stevenson Def. Nate Diaz - Via Unanimous Decision (29-28)

Light Heavyweights
Matt Hamill Def. Forrest Griffen via KO (Head Kick) at 0:55 of R3

Summary:
What a card! We have a new champion and a new no.1 contender.
Stevenson vs Diaz: Stevenson controlled the fight without doing anything spectacular. Deserved the win.
Duffee vs Kimbo: Standup war. Duffee destroyed Kimbo, rocking him twice before first bell sounded.
Griffen vs Hamill: KO of the night. Great fight very close. Thought forrest had it but Hamill landed a great head kick.
Condit vs Hardy: Hardy was great, striking well. To good for Condit on the day.
Swick vs Bisping: Swick was dominant! Destroyed Bisping.
Edgar vs Penn: Fight of the Night. Penn controlled the fight, winning first 2 rounds. Edgar fought hard in R3 and got the KO. Pushes Penn further away from contention any may make him consider welterweights.

Noguiera vs Cain: Close fight, with Cain doing good damage but Nog was better in every category. Showed it wasn't a fluke and now gets a rematch with Lesnar. Cain will have2 work to get back into contention.

Evans vs Thiago: Thiago started well, then crumbled. Evans hit dam hard with his strikes and eventually got the KO. Dominant fight and deserves the belt.

CrowsFan

Poor old Kimbo :'(
I'm sure he will pick up a win eventually though ;)

Nice to see Swick getting the win in the higher middleweight. Might have to leave him there and see if I can make a run for the title...

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 27, 2011, 02:15:57 AM

Nice to see Swick getting the win in the higher middleweight. Might have to leave him there and see if I can make a run for the title...
Kimbo was horrible haha  :P
Yeh you never know, worth having a go.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 27, 2011, 02:15:57 AM

Duffee showed he could come into contention in the HW division in a little while :P.

EVANS!!!!!! He backed me up and is now the title holder 8).

BJ and Cain falling down the pecking order :-\.

Maca24

Justin Bieber

Anybody want to discuss UFC 3 Bouts? I'd like Marquardt (MW), Franklin (LH/MW) or Guida (LW) on the maincard. Need to get some action into some of my Favs so can offer up Lauzon (LW), Cote (MW) or Davis (WW) for undercard 8).

Also, trade period every 5 UFC events? Guess people can trade champions as it'll rise their stock (not like I will though 8)).

Maca, is it hard to land submissions in the game?

RiOtChEsS

bahaha as if Sherk could ever defeat BJ ::) he destroyed him in reality...

CrowsFan

Haha HP I don't think beating Kimbo increases the likelihood of Duffee getting in to contention for the HW title. He really needs to be able to defeat Kimbo in the first round if he wants to get noticed :P

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 27, 2011, 11:16:51 AM
Anybody want to discuss UFC 3 Bouts? I'd like Marquardt (MW), Franklin (LH/MW) or Guida (LW) on the maincard. Need to get some action into some of my Favs so can offer up Lauzon (LW), Cote (MW) or Davis (WW) for undercard 8).

Also, trade period every 5 UFC events? Guess people can trade champions as it'll rise their stock (not like I will though 8)).

Maca, is it hard to land submissions in the game?
I'm not that keen on trade period.. but if people want that I'll happily do it.

I might put the UFC 3 Card up now so we can start filling that also.

Submissions are hard as hell to defend, I get tapped out fairly often.
Just depends how good you are.
In terms of Com vs Com matches they always seem to weasle their way out but I think it does do damage.
BJ Penn tried for about 10 different submissions in the Sherk fight.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 27, 2011, 12:04:26 PM
Haha HP I don't think beating Kimbo increases the likelihood of Duffee getting in to contention for the HW title. He really needs to be able to defeat Kimbo in the first round if he wants to get noticed :P
Maybe he just wanted to control him and show his dominance :P.

Interesting Maca.... I don't mind whether there is a trade period or not as I like most of my fighters 8). The others are growing on me :P.