UFC Fantasy: Match Organising + Discussion

Started by Maca24, September 24, 2011, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 25, 2011, 08:54:47 PM
This is going pretty well come in and take over a franchise which as all the champions thus far. Not bad when I have no clue of who my fighters are whatsoever apart from those that are champions
Have a look in the draft thread Cookie  :)
Good to have you onboard! Hope your active enough so your champs can get some fights!  8)

Justin Bieber

Shaggy and Maca, guess we could have a two or three cards each week (If that's not too much). Makes it entertaining and won't have you guys playing too much (e.g a card each night is just :o).

It's fun Cookie, especially when my guys end up with the Championships :-X. I think Rashad is rubbing off on me :P.

Doogie

So how are we working out who fights in each card; undercards, maincards, title fights etc?

CrowsFan

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Doogie on September 25, 2011, 09:06:11 PM
So how are we working out who fights in each card; undercards, maincards, title fights etc?
We have 2 HW fights for the first card already, 1 for the undercard :P.

All my fighters are up for fighting anytime ;).

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 25, 2011, 09:02:40 PM
Shaggy and Maca, guess we could have a two or three cards each week (If that's not too much). Makes it entertaining and won't have you guys playing too much (e.g a card each night is just :o).

It's fun Cookie, especially when my guys end up with the Championships :-X. I think Rashad is rubbing off on me :P.
Well I realised that playing through the fights is very time consuming!  :P
Think I could do 1 card a week when school goes back, but can probably do 2 a week in Holidays.
If myself and Shaggy both do a card a week it should run at a nice pace, plus creates a bit of a gap for discussion and hype  8)

@Doogie - Up2 you guys to organise your fights for the cards :)
I'll have 2 cards up for filling each week, so if one card is full you can arrange a fight for the 2nd card.

How do we want Title Fights to be organised?

Justin Bieber

Probably use the first/second card to decide #1 contenders? Otherwise we can let the title holders manager decide their opponents for the title. I don't mind the manager deciding the opponents or #1 contenders based on win/loss record.

I am keeping my fighters records just for the fun of it :D.

2 cards a week sound great Maca 8). I can hype up my fighters who need to publicity as the underdogs :P.

Maca24

Haha nice work HP.
I might do the same in keeping their records, once the fights start of course.
The good thing about the event thread is that it all will be Archived and neat so we can check all history  8)

In regards to title fights I'm not sure what I think.
Maybe managers of champs can decide early on, until guy's start building good winning streaks.

cookie311993

I say probably have the person who lost in the title fight as #1 contender. I reckon we can do it based on results though and work out ratings. #1 champion then #2 and #3 can fight for the number 1 contender  spot

Justin Bieber

So these fights don't count to records, or not to official records? :P.

cookie311993

#1 champion
#2 runner-up and so on. Have it like this but Brock Lesnar will put his title on the line at UFC 2

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 25, 2011, 09:31:20 PM
So these fights don't count to records, or not to official records? :P.
Count them  ;)

Also, their will be 1 Title Fight on every card.

Big Nog deserves the shot at Brock, but i'd rather him fight against Shaggy's Velasquez, just to prove it wasn't a fluke :P

cookie311993

UFC 2 Brock Lesnar will take on the winner of Cain Velasquez and Big Nog

Justin Bieber

Haha Maca, sounds like a great matchup 8).

Evans Vs Silva for the title or against Shogun for #1 at a later date.

Wouldn't mind a Fitch Vs Hughes rematch after being the first (and only match so far) to go the distance. Fitch was robbed >:(.

All if agreed to and at a later date.

Maca24

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 25, 2011, 09:37:01 PM
UFC 2 Brock Lesnar will take on the winner of Cain Velasquez and Big Nog
Sounds perfect  8)

@HP - Evans definitely deserves the rematch against Thiago. Why not have it for the 1st card? :)
Yes Fitch deserves a rematch, i'm sure Shaggy will accept.