Main Menu

The Grand Final Thread

Started by Cruiseon, September 24, 2011, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: bunyip on September 30, 2011, 01:40:06 PM
I noticed yesterday that the Pies would pay over $2 for a win, thats outrageous, people have short memories. There's no way Geelong should be favs tomorrow.
That is worth putting money on. I personally think that the Rd 24 match meant nothing and it counts for nothing coming into tomorrows game.

History is a fact of the past, not a prediction of the future

ossie85

Geelong should be favourites bunyip. Cats beat the Hawks and Eagles more convincingly than the Pies did, and that little 100 point thrashing thing...

But, my boys will stand up when it matters.

Cruiseon

I agree Os, Geelong definitely worthy favourites. Pies unconvicning in the last 4 weeks, injuries, suspension and the fact Geelong have beaten us twice this year. Geelong have fired when it counts & in good form.

Bunyip, I'm not playing it down for the sake of it and like Os I am hoping for the Pies of July/August to show up tomorrow but I think we all agree it's going to be very interesting. It's a late build-up, I feeling more tense as every hour passes!

Go Pies!

bunyip

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 30, 2011, 03:59:43 PM

I agree Os, Geelong definitely worthy favourites. Pies unconvicning in the last 4 weeks, injuries, suspension and the fact Geelong have beaten us twice this year. Geelong have fired when it counts & in good form.
You're right of course Cruis, the Pies are crapp, Geelong will win easily. The closer the game gets the more confidernt I am. we are in form and fit (except for Stevie j) so no excuses. Failure is not an option. ;D

PowerBug

And Jimmy Bartel. Who is the "Player to Watch" in the AFLRecord. For Collingwood it's Heath Shaw.

ossie85

Fas to win a Norm Smith in his first year? From the sub bench?

bunyip

OK, here it is. Two of the best teams of the modern era, who, fate has decided shall briefly cross paths, are meeting in a Gf. Geelong are just about at the end of their era, Collingwood are at the start of theirs.
Opinion is divided on who will win, and so it should be, because neither team will accept defeat easily. This is going to be a titanic struggle between 2 teams at the peak of their powers. No quarter will be asked or given. If Geelong wins, they will be recognised as the indisputable best EVER Geelong team.
Geelong have shown us that they are the only team that can match it with the Pies. Their is no cockiness from the Collingwood supporters this year because they recognise the task that confronts their team. As does Geelong.
People have said that Collingwood are out of form, their players are injured and their game plan is busted. I say, ask Hawthorn and West Coast if thats true.
I expect Collingwood will play up to their potential tomorrow. Not because they hope to or want to, but because they have to, because if they don't they are lost, and they know it.
Go  Cats.

ossie85

Extremely well said bunyip.

A quiet has come over the football world about this game. Almost like a state of confusion, a tension of not knowing what is going to happen yet!

I can honestly see the Cats winning by 100. Can honestly see the Pies winning by 100. I can honestly see it ending in a draw. And anything in between.

I agree, Cats win, and not only are they one of the Geelong great teams, but one of the AFL great teams. Pies win and back-to-back flags puts them in rare company.

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2011, 09:05:43 PM
I can honestly see the Cats winning by 100. Can honestly see the Pies winning by 100. I can honestly see it ending in a draw. And anything in between.
You can't either team winning by over 120 though?

I think it's funny how neither Pies or Cats supporters are confident heading into tomorrow. You all seem to have sunk into shells and hid. You guys are always so cocky, it's good to see you respecting the other side :) I hope it stays that way :)

Cruiseon

There is never cockiness between these two clubs, there is to much respect.

Well, let's get ready to rumble.

bomberboy0618

Will be one of the best grand finals in years, but not a draw. No way it will happen 2 years in a row.

bunyip

I agree, there will be a winner today. Hopefully it will be Geelong. This game will be similar to our GF against the Saints.

bunyip

For what it's worth I predict Geelong to win by 12 points.

PowerBug