Main Menu

The Grand Final Thread

Started by Cruiseon, September 24, 2011, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I'm the same Os, begin the long journey back to Melbourne from Paris tomorrow and can't help but think slightly negative thoughts. Where are you by the way? I just saw the odds and can't believe the Pies are still (slight) favourites!

I feel Bunyip's confidence from a long way away and it is justified. I do like the fact that Geelong beat us a few weeks ago but it was such a thrashing that it's hard to get any positives out of it. Despite some close ones, the finals have all pretty much gone the way most of us expected, I'm hoping the GF changes that tune.

Usman

im not surprised the pies are still favourites if johnson was 100% i would say they would be favourites but that is a huge loss hes there playmaker. I know Collingwood have injuries too but there is something about Collingwood. how many times have they come from behind to win this year?? It is good to see collingwood supporters being realistic about their chances though sometimes i cant stand supporters that just think 'ye we will win it easy no-one can touch us' honestly all it takes is one bad game and players lose confidents and little things start to go against you. collingwood have been the best all year at getting it the 50 and keeping it there until they eventually goal this is changing yet they are still finding a way to win. they cant do this against geelong as they are to experinced and will punish the pies. however the pies for me will win in a close one they have been the best team all year and Johnson cant possibly be the same player he has been all year and that player is their best play maker. Collingwood should turn around their form this week time will tell if its good enough to beat geelong i will say it will be JUST

Luigi197

How to deal with Stevie J if he plays?
Thats the question!

Grumen

Mark my word.

The Pies will be ready for the Cats on Saturday afternoon. We are not like some teams that have just made up the numbers in the eight.
They'll only play fit players, all 100% dedicated to the cause.
Their Sports Science Department and Personnel within the club are second to none within the AFL and probalby Australia.
Our players will be fresher after our extra days break and our motivation to win for Mick should be enough to get us over the line. Although the Cats are very worthy opponents we will run them off the ground and tackle them furiously as we did to the Hawks in the last quarter on Friday night.
Get on the Black and White you good thing

Grumen

bunyip

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 26, 2011, 07:25:28 AM

I'm the same Os, begin the long journey back to Melbourne from Paris tomorrow and can't help but think slightly negative thoughts. Where are you by the way? I just saw the odds and can't believe the Pies are still (slight) favourites!

I feel Bunyip's confidence from a long way away and it is justified. I do like the fact that Geelong beat us a few weeks ago but it was such a thrashing that it's hard to get any positives out of it. Despite some close ones, the finals have all pretty much gone the way most of us expected, I'm hoping the GF changes that tune.
I am confident about our chances Cruis, but I would qualify that by saying I am aware that to win on Saturday we have to beat one of the best performed teams ever.
Having said that, I look forward to Saturday. Never mind Stevie j, great player that he is, he didn't get a kick in 2009 against St.Kilda, so all this talk about him being our best player is just that.
He is an important part of our offence, but if he doesn't play, we can cover for him. Personally if he didn't play, I would play Dasha, and put him on neon as a defensive forward, yer, that would work.
I love this game.

Voldemort

Quote from: PowerBug on September 24, 2011, 04:53:06 PM
Don't care who plays Collingwood, looks like Geelong currently, but as Port aren't playing in it i want a tight contest and another close GF, like the last 3 years.

That's why you won the Chris Judd Award

Cruiseon

Finally back in Melbourne, geez conditions on the ground are a little rough. Rain, lightening, thunder, floods!

Who do we think a wet Grand Final suits? Usually I would say the underdog (which personally I think we are) but I reckon our marking forwards are more important than Geelong's so I remain unsure.

Thoughts?

PowerBug

Collingwood win regardless of the conditions. :)

bunyip

I wouldn't mind at all if it rained. It would help nullify Cloke, and Collingwood rely on him a lot more than we rely on Pods.

ossie85

Reckon Cloke would be far superior to Pods in the wet. Cloke (and Dawes) IMO are much better on ground level, and can work up the ground.

PowerBug

Cloke and Dawes are more dominate than Pods and Hawkins. Rain won't change that, just bring them closer together.

D.Barwick

Beams apparantly got told last night he is out of side! who will replace him!

pyronerd

Quote from: D.Barwick on September 29, 2011, 12:26:57 PM
Beams apparantly got told last night he is out of side! who will replace him!
Right decision there, Beams has been a massive spud all season :-X

Voldemort

what would hurt more, Collingwood losing Reid and Jolly or Geelong losing Stevie J for the GF

pyronerd

Quote from: Voldemort on September 29, 2011, 01:09:56 PM
what would hurt more, Collingwood losing Reid and Jolly or Geelong losing Stevie J for the GF
Collingwood losing Reid and Jolly for sure