Main Menu

The Grand Final Thread

Started by Cruiseon, September 24, 2011, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

We'll ladies and gents, we've made another Grand Final! The rest of the season of the season is now irrelevant and in all liklihood we will go in as underdogs probably against Geelong. But even from here in Paris (Yes I will be back next week and have my GF ticket sorted) I thought the Grand Final deserved it's own thread.

There is so much to discuss. Jolly & Reid, so crucial, will they play? Will the Fas come in for Beams? Will Goldsack make another last minute return to a Grand Final side? Didak? Everything will be covered in minute detail.

Where does one start other than Go Pies!!!

ossie85

We'll be back in the country Cruise, that's the first major step.

Fletch74

So humble in your acknowledgement of how you made it to the GF as always Cruise :P

ossie85

Keefe and Wood could play... that's a scary thought. Reid and Jolly will likely play IMO

Beams has had a poor finals in his career, and I think Malthouse will have no hesitation dropping Beams for Fas, and probably naming Fas sub.

The most important thing decided in the next 5-6 hours....

MajorLazer

Good luck in the GF, but if you guys played like you did last night, you won't win against Geelong especially, maybe West Coast.

Usman

last night they were sayingn they will risk Ried and Johnson but Jolly very unlikely to play alot can change though as we saw with buddy just 2 weeks ago. imagine if they play all 3 though and their injuries all blow up.  :'( for Collingwood supporters i would hate to be in this position. The players are playing like they have to win due to supporter pressure, they have a lot of pressure on them.

ossie85

The pressure from the supporters this year would be FAR less than it was last year. I don't think that will be an issue.

Maca24

Jolly has a torn adductor apparently...
Surely he can't play through that?
Reid will have2 play, Keefe isn't up to it.

PowerBug

Don't care who plays Collingwood, looks like Geelong currently, but as Port aren't playing in it i want a tight contest and another close GF, like the last 3 years.

bunyip

I'm just glad we're playing Collingwood. I don't think we would have beaten the Hawks in a GF.

Cruiseon

Quote from: Fletch74 on September 24, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
So humble in your acknowledgement of how you made it to the GF as always Cruise :P

Unfortunately I didn't see the game but clearly we were very very lucky but we made it through, you win or you lose in a prelim & that's it.

I am going to the GF with low expectations as Geelong's last 6 weeks of football, including thumping us, has been a far better preparation. We continue to battle through injuries and clearly our prelim was a battering. But you have to be in it to win it & you just never know.

bunyip

I give the Cats an excellent chance next week. We have no excuses. The players are in top form and are fresh. If Collingwood beat us it's because they are better than us, the Cats are READY.

Usman

no excuses except for stevie J of course  ;) dont worry if collingwood lose there will be plenty of excuses trust me

QuoteThe pressure from the supporters this year would be FAR less than it was last year. I don't think that will be an issue.

im not sure about that you had a stellar year and fans are talking about a dynatsy constantly. then the media comes out and says its the most dominant year by a team ever. Then there is the whole Buckley Malthouse dilema. i think Malthouse was so emotional beacuase people are talking about buckley stuffing the team up after malthouse goes back to back without even considering that it might not happen.

bunyip

haven't heard that. The pressure would certainly be on Bucks to perform though. Thats where he differs from Chris Scott, no-one expected Geelong to do any good this year. That would have taken some pressure off.

ossie85

Getting less and less confident as it gets closer and closer bunyip!

Can the Pies equal the cats? or will the cats prove to be one of the best of all time? amazing story