Who Knows...
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Name: Jonathon Patton
Position: Key Forward
Height: 197cm
Weight: 96kg

Easily one of the best Key Forward prospects this season. He plays for the Eastern Ranges where he is known for his great marking abilities as well as his impact on the scoreboard more games than not. 31.21 this season in the TAC cup with 7 hauls of 3+ goals in 11 games so far. Combine that with the fact he is a marking machine and can take contested marks just as much as uncontested, he certainly seems as your typical Power Key Forward like Jonathon Brown.

The thing that plays into his favor is that his size is deceiving. Many may think he can only play one on one with his size but he can lead up well and work well on the low balls with his speed. His work rate around the ground is very exciting, especially for a big man. His endurance means he will be able to push up the field when required and gets a few tackles as well (First 7 games this season he managed 18 tackles which is pretty decent for a big man). This makes him quite the complete Forward Prospect in which GWS would be drooling to land as he's ready made for AFL level.

Fantasy Relevant? Very much so considering the draft may not go as deep as many other years, especially for positions other than Midfielders and perhaps Ruck. Patton is likely to go top 2 to GWS which means he'll cost a little more. If GWS can recruit another ready made tall forward, it will certainly increase the chances of the influence of Patton on games if he wasn't to get the best defender every week. Nonetheless, looks to be a star and should fit nicely into the 6th/7th forward position.

P.S Hopefully I can do a few more Rookie Profiles if this gets enough interest :).

Master Q

Sounds pretty good, although I voted who knows  ;)

Ziplock

Very nice HP, I'll look into him. That being said, I'm not sure how many GWS rooks I'll be taking- looking at GC this year, wit hthe exception of Swallow and Stanley (not really a rook), there weren't that many standouts.

That being said, worth consideration, cheers HP :)

Justin Bieber

Cheers guys :D.

I think GWS could pump out a few solid rookies in the midfield and Ruck department (Giles rookie priced + Longer). Wouldn't go overboard with rookies as there seems to be decent talent in the top end of this draft. And always, a few smokies could slip (e.g Darling down last season).

Grazz

Yeh nice work Hp, i'd certainly like you to keep em coming. Every bit helps. Thanks for the effort.

Ringo

Keep them coming HP. Any information especially for us in Qld is welcome.  Unlike  Zip I think there were a couple more standouts Zac Smith and Trent MacKenzie were good and to a lesser extent Prestia, Bennell and Matera were ok.  I will be looking at how some of these build up over the pre season as it was conditioning and young bodies that were a concern. Maybe similar for GWS.

maanco

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ringo on September 24, 2011, 08:34:22 AM
Keep them coming HP. Any information especially for us in Qld is welcome.  Unlike  Zip I think there were a couple more standouts Zac Smith and Trent MacKenzie were good and to a lesser extent Prestia, Bennell and Matera were ok.  I will be looking at how some of these build up over the pre season as it was conditioning and young bodies that were a concern. Maybe similar for GWS.
Who could forget Smith and "The Cannon"? 8). Some of the players are AFL ready like Patton which is why he's tipped to go so highly.

Thanks maanco and Ringo. Might do another one or two today. I'm in Vic so hear alot about the TAC Cup but still know abit about the players who are standouts across the country.

bundyboy

Every time I think of Patton I think of Darling this year...had some ups and downs, but really a great rookie pick-up

I'm sure if he goes to GWS he won't get same kind of midfield service that Darling enjoyed, but might still prove very handy...after all, you can't just pick midfielders - so a handy 7th / bench forward is always going to be welcome...

thinking maybe....but lets see how it goes..

Torpedo10

@ bundyboy. I think Shane Kersten is more like Jack Darling. Patton will go top 3 which means he will cost a bit more cash. He will most likely be the main forward at GWS so will get the toughest defenders on him. I think I will pass on him this year. I think Shane Kersten should be more valuable because he is less cash than Patton.