new league structure

Started by sya87, September 23, 2011, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sya87

i apologise if this topic has been started in another forum.

who has heard about the new 18 team leagues that will feature in dreamteam next season? i read about it on dt talk and was just wondering what were people's thoughts on it?

personally i think its awesome, as league matches commence at round 2 rather than 4! plus another team to verabally attack when you beat em ;)

discuss.

PowerBug

Yep, spot on. 18 teams per league, but less time to prepare your team for league matches :(

Overall though, it follows the AFL and i think it's good. :)

sya87

yes i like the challenge of having to get your team right earlier, makes for better competition!

Grazz

Im kinda glad still that we get atleast one round to see which the rookies the coaches are favouring early. The 3 games we once got made picking your rookies alot easier. Starting from round one this year made that harder than normal and the fact you had to pick 3 extra rookies. I didnt do that well pre season starting with Richardson, Polec, Bewick and Toy made it hard for myself. I havent heard anything regarding size of squads and number of trades that are fact, just rumours really, below is a link to another post where some members who seem to have inside information have posted some possibilties. We will know by mid December whats going on for certain, ie 30 or 33 man squads, 20 or 22 trades etc and if there will be a sub we can use to cover your lowest score this sounds interesting and will have us fall more inline with the AFL.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,42996.0.html

maanco

should make it interesting, i think i heard from warnie (DT talk) that we will be going back to the 30 player standard and that we will probably still have 24 trades or 22 (how ever many rds there will be)

Grazz

Wth the expansion to 18 teams that will take the rounds to 17. i like the idea of retaining a coule of extra trades ie 22 instead of going back to 20, with 30 man squads i doubt we'll get more than 22 if we get 22 at all.

PowerMan

Would love to have a feature in your league's where you can disable the option of being able to view your opponents teams until you play them.

Grazz

Quote from: PowerMan on September 24, 2011, 07:35:53 PM
  Would love to have a feature in your league's where you can disable the option of being able to view your opponents teams until you play them.

We had a guy in our league that simply didnt put in a Team Name so that column was blank, try as hard as you may you couldnt bring his team up. Nobody could see his side untill the weekend by going into his match preview. We didnt like it much must admit and a few coaches just called it cheating. If everyone was in the same boat id be happy with that but when its just one guy i couldnt blame people for being peeved.

Voldemort

how long will we have to make our teams?

Ziplock

mmm, I think dt opens (feb1?) and then you have several months to the actual lockout :)

you can plan teams before hand on sites like this though :)

Voldemort