Gary Ablett jnr

Started by Prospector_1, July 11, 2009, 03:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saintz

thanks for the advice every1, i will pull the trigger as soon as the teams r released!

Flame

Hopefully he plays this week!!

thornz23

thatguy

is the whole ablett thing being blown a little out of proportion? now dont get me wrong I would love to have him but seriously, he isnt going to score a 160+ every match. that was out of the box.

if you had russell as captain then it would be a 15 or so point difference.

what im trying to say is while ablett is a proven star, the norm of him getting 120-140 will be no more than dane swan. swan also had a 160 point game against melbourne last yr, only happened once though.

i just personally think you need at least one of them, and the price difference at the moment means unless you are willing to burn trades and lose coin, ablett is out of reach.

S_Coach99

Quote from: thatguy on May 13, 2010, 12:23:55 AM
he isnt going to score a 160+ every match.

Hmm I don't know, a 26 yr old entering his AFL prime, coming off a brownlow/premiership...SC scores are bigger and bigger each week....Who else is a better

SC   127   128   157   149   171       203   

Russell will give you 60s, Swan will give you the od 80, Ablett, can't see it happening anytime soon....

but you're right, bringing in Ablett now at his highest price is using coin and trades. People that had Ablett from the start - if they play their cards right - at the end will have one over you. Chances are somewhere around their team they'll have 1-2 higher average players than you can buy and maybe 1-2 more trades than you, giving them more chance of winning that knockout final

Chappy35

GET HIM IN, your backline is good. DO IT

Pado

Hunt out, Roberton (Freo) in - then Duncan out, Swan in.  12 trades left after this.

I have cover down back so don't care if Roberton does not play for now.  Gives me a midfield of Swan, Boyd, Stanton, Bartel, Hayes and Barlow (Martin and Howlett) - which would be final for the year except for a long term injury.  This means no Ablett at all... ever... I am $20k short.

Is it worth waiting a few weeks to se if the stars align and I can pick up Ablett instead of Swan under the same arrangement?

thatguy

Quote from: S_Coach99 on May 13, 2010, 01:43:33 AM
Quote from: thatguy on May 13, 2010, 12:23:55 AM
he isnt going to score a 160+ every match.

Hmm I don't know, a 26 yr old entering his AFL prime, coming off a brownlow/premiership...SC scores are bigger and bigger each week....Who else is a better

SC   127   128   157   149   171       203   

Russell will give you 60s, Swan will give you the od 80, Ablett, can't see it happening anytime soon....

but you're right, bringing in Ablett now at his highest price is using coin and trades. People that had Ablett from the start - if they play their cards right - at the end will have one over you. Chances are somewhere around their team they'll have 1-2 higher average players than you can buy and maybe 1-2 more trades than you, giving them more chance of winning that knockout final

i do think you will find this is DT not SC... ive got ablett in SC. absolute MUST there

Holz

ablett wont be going down for the next month so i would say get in swan and lock as captain. He will make up the points of the difference in scores over the 4+ weeks if ever waiting for ablett

brodman_18

Lets face it, you needed to have one of either Swan or Gaj at the start of the season (I had GAJ). Now Swans price has dropped and his be is attainable, i will get him in. If you had niether at the start of the season, thats just counter intuitive.

Holz

i had neither and it allowed me to have a strong backline, if you made smart captain choices than it is fine i think my captain averaged 120ish (beter than swan)

i swtiched between carrazo, voldt and bartel

saintz

yeh last yr i had both ablett and swan, but this yr there was some great mid priced players to choose from as the rookie stocks up fwd and in def were a lil uncertain!

When i bring in ablett this week my only rookie mid playin will b barlow!

Need to climb the overall ladder and that means ablett comes in! swan will be an option if there is any season endin injuries, but i learnt the hard way last yr of choosin injury prone playerz, n thats wot i avoided this yr.

Chappy35

with that midfield i wouldnt stress about Gablett, if you have a few spare trades come final times upgrade barlow and make Gazza skipper for a cheeky leauge win

Knight

For those of you who dont have GAJ at this stage (me included).

Obviously not having him is hurting our scores, so who is getting him in this week before his price jumps again? (Could require a double trade depending on who you are upgrading)

Or who is going to wait out 5-6 weeks and hope his price comes back down to around 500K? He only has to have one game under 100pts for this to happen (he had a few last year).

Or who is going to be brave and avoid him all year and think he will break down? Not having him would be unique and a huge benefit if this happens.

Discussion time... :)

obrient

I have just invested in young howlett so I am going to wait until he reaches his maximum price which at his average atm should get up to aout 250K+ then i will attempt to get ablett if his price has come down, and if he is still fit
In saying that I only need to make one more upgrade for my midfield to be set, so it depends also how boyd/montagna are going....He has to have a bad game sooner or late, HAS TO HAPPEN *fingers crossed lol