Cookie Monster

Quote from: roo boys! on September 22, 2011, 11:19:25 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
I personally think we'll see north in thetop 6, and I dislike the roos :P
Woohoo! I agree!

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2011, 09:54:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
I personally think we'll see north in thetop 6, and I dislike the roos :P
Well Brad Scott really wants them to make the 8..
Don't see how they can with their list.
What's wrong with our list? Please expand?

RB!!

i was watching the footy show last night, well it was on in the background..

and i heard.

Ryan Bastinac and GWS and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

then Jimmy Brayshaw cleard things and i was like phew!

roo boys!

Haha yeah, when they said North had 3 players that may get thrown around in trade week I was a bit worried, first they said Daniel Pratt who I actually hope we trade, he will retire soon anyway.

Then Matty "Flash" Campbell who I really hope stays, but we could cover him if he goes.

THEN BASTIIIIIIII but I didn't think he would go anyway so :)

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 11:21:29 PM
what, you dislike the roos too? :P

and yeah, I dont really see many problems with their list :S maybe a little young,and the backline isn't strong enough...
Yeah of course, can't you tell by my username? :P

Quote from: Maca24 on September 23, 2011, 03:45:02 PM
Well there is good depth RB, but you are lacking a big full back even though you have Scott Thompson..
Fantastic Rucks though and an ok midfield that works well as a unit.
Forwards are a bit light besides Petrie, maybe have2 have a look at getting another target (Edwards I don't rate that high)
Lindsey Thomas is a sack of shower aswell  :P
Yeah I am almost certain we will target a big key backman in trade week, and have the players to throw around. I am thinking and hoping that Brian Lake can make his way over. Edwards is pretty good...got lots of shots on goal this year and his kicking is great. But we also have Pedersen, Black (showed good signs in his first game), Hansen, HMac/Goldy (resting ruckman), Majak, McKinley (eeek :-\) all capable of playing tall forward. Also Gunston has been linked to us (along with a few other clubs)

Thomas isn't THAT bad. To generate 57 scoring shots in 19 games playing as a small forward is a pretty good effort. Gets lots of tackles inside 50, so when he learns how to convert in front of goal he will be a useful player. But he does frustrate me greatly at times ::)

Maca24

Someone like Lake would be a fantastic pickup.
You desperately need Gunston aswell IMO.
Pederson is good anywhere, but Black isn't quite ready yet IMO.
Don't rate Hansen.
Yeh I guess if Lindsey can kick accurate will be a handy asset.

If you could get Lake and Gunston, I'd lock you in for top 8  ;)

roo boys!

Lake more so than Gunston IMO, but yeah Gunston would be good.

Black is going to be a good player, the thing is just WHEN is he going to reach that? After a set back earlier in his career he was good in the VFL this year and should be getting more and more games as the seasons go.

Hansen has copped a lot from North fans over the years, and I have been one to stick up for him. But, although he has potential and a great mark, he is too inconsistent. Could still have some value for clubs short on tall targets, because although he certainly has not fulfilled the role of the number 3 draft pick, you don't get picked there for nothing. He has a good set of hands, and a pretty good tank for a tall.

AFEV

Hansen may be rubbish but he;s more useful than Gumby ::)
Learn to kick ya foo >:(

We have a lot to look forward to, but we need to move fast because in 3-4 years GC will be close to unstoppable.
Zaharakis, Hocking, Heppell, Dempsey and Melky will all reach their prime in a few years, and Watto and Winders will still be young...ish.
I think if we can add 2-3 good midfield prospects to our list in this draft (which is certainly possible given the midfield depth) then it will begin to shape well. We really need to trade for someone who is right there as well, we have a showerload of money to throw around and a lot of talls to use as trade bait as well.
If we did that we'd be pretty set.
Hurley, Steinberg, Cramers, Carlisle (woot) & Gus up forward, then Hooker, Pears, Hibbo & Carlisle/Hurley swingin' back when they're needed.

Then throw Belly and Ryder in as our ruck duo.

Yummy. 8)

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on October 04, 2011, 10:29:38 AM

We have a lot to look forward to, but we need to move fast because in 3-4 years GC will be close to unstoppable.

That's if they can keep all their players. Once their salary cap comes down they may need to offload a few + some guys wanting to return to their home state + David Swallow joining Andrew at North = yay for us :P

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on October 04, 2011, 10:43:25 AM

That's if they can keep all their players. Once their salary cap comes down they may need to offload a few + some guys wanting to return to their home state + David Swallow joining Andrew at North = yay for us :P
Yea I honestly don't see how they will once their salary cap drops to even.
Guys will leave and they won't have the cash to replace them.

roo boys!

Especially Spitter Jnr. He will come to North. 2013, once his contract is up, all the signs point to it.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on October 04, 2011, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 04, 2011, 10:43:25 AM

Yea I honestly don't see how they will once their salary cap drops to even.
Guys will leave and they won't have the cash to replace them.
If they handle it properly they should be able to keep enough to have a lot of success.

Maca24

I won't mind if Gold Coast are successful, but I hate GWS already... -____-
Gubby Allan is an arrogant plow.

roo boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on October 04, 2011, 12:49:32 PM
Agree there.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on October 04, 2011, 12:49:32 PM
Mmmm -.-
Plus they're just kicking teams in the balls, taking the best young talent from teams at the bottom of the ladder.

Gold Coast=Sun, rainbows, unicorns & awesome.