Main Menu

ARE THE BOMBERS FLYING UP??

Started by C-Dogg, September 20, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Master Q on September 21, 2011, 07:04:18 PM
Well what are you guys aiming for. I'd say Top 6 is ruled out, with I'd say 5 sports already taken, plus you have to think of your inconsistency of late. Don't forget your older guys are always injured and you have a young team  ::)
Negative much  ::)

Top 4: Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton.

Sydney, St Kilda, Essendon, West Coast, Fremantle and Kangaroos will all be aiming for finals.

Think we can get in the Top 6, at the very least Top 8.

roo boys!

I know everyone doubted Geelong this year and look how they did, but they ARE getting a lot older...which is going to be the year that they fall and rebuild?

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on September 21, 2011, 08:46:32 PM
I know everyone doubted Geelong this year and look how they did, but they ARE getting a lot older...which is going to be the year that they fall and rebuild?
Next year will be their last year as a premiership contender IMO.
Scarlett, Enright, Mooney, Ottens?, Wocjinski, Pods, Ling, Chapman and Corey will all be 30+ next year.
StevieJ, Bartel and Kelly will all be 29.

I'd say next year is there last one. When they drop, they will drop hard IMO.

roo boys!

Yeah, that's just the way it goes. Being up the top for a long time means you miss out on the really top draft picks, so unless you have awesome recruiters you will more than likely fall soon.

Ziplock

it's a good system imo.

geelong recruiters are (from what I hear) doing a decent enough job though holding up. That being said, way too many of their big names are aging. Expect to see them bottom half of the ladder soonish :P

Luigi197

Of course we are flying high.

Add one more key player to our mids and fwds, and make sure our defence stays injury free, and i am feeling really good about essendon.

Im really liking what Hirdy has done with the team.
reading through articles in the paper show how he has changed tac completely, and helped us a lot! :)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: pyronerd on September 21, 2011, 07:34:35 PM
Quote from: Master Q on September 21, 2011, 07:04:18 PM
Well what are you guys aiming for. I'd say Top 6 is ruled out, with I'd say 5 sports already taken, plus you have to think of your inconsistency of late. Don't forget your older guys are always injured and you have a young team  ::)
how is top 6 ruled out if only top 5 is taken?
Carlton fans dont have a very good education. Thats why they go for carlton :P.

Ziplock

what he is saying is that there's only one position remaining in the top 6, so bombers will have to compete for it with some teams that are honestly higher classed.

pyronerd

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 09:29:49 PM
what he is saying is that there's only one position remaining in the top 6, so bombers will have to compete for it with some teams that are honestly higher classed.
that doesn't mean they are ruled out though

it seems we always have this problem, trying to fit 7 or 8 teams into the top 6 :P

Ziplock

I personally think we'll see north in thetop 6, and I dislike the roos :P

Maca24

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
Well Brad Scott really wants them to make the 8..
Don't see how they can with their list.

roo boys!

Woohoo! I agree!

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2011, 09:54:00 PM
Well Brad Scott really wants them to make the 8..
Don't see how they can with their list.
What's wrong with our list? Please expand?

Ziplock

what, you dislike the roos too? :P

and yeah, I dont really see many problems with their list :S maybe a little young,and the backline isn't strong enough...

Maca24

Well there is good depth RB, but you are lacking a big full back even though you have Scott Thompson..
Fantastic Rucks though and an ok midfield that works well as a unit.
Forwards are a bit light besides Petrie, maybe have2 have a look at getting another target (Edwards I don't rate that high)
Lindsey Thomas is a sack of shower aswell  :P

PowerBug

I think that North's squad still need time to gel as a unit. Give them time and they'll reach the 8. :)

ATM it isn't great but there is plenty of potential. :)