Main Menu

ARE THE BOMBERS FLYING UP??

Started by C-Dogg, September 20, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Dogg

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on ESSENDON 2012, im a pie man myself but i can see plenty of upside about essendon, and the reason i ask the question is that everyone i speak to thinks they are rubbish, and i don't agree with them one bit...?

Master Q

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Master Q on September 20, 2011, 07:15:36 PM
No.
Typical Carlton Fan.

yes, there is heaps of upside about the bombers, if we can stay away from injuries and key injuries to key players.

Winderlich, Dempsey, Crameri, Lonergon all back.

And we have the best young CHF only at 21 years of age on Michael Hurley showing signs of breaking through this year, he will be hard to stop next year, Zaharakis also showed signes and is ready to breakthrough next year, if we draft right, trade smartly, top6 next year with ease.

pyronerd

Quote from: Cookie Monster on September 20, 2011, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: Master Q on September 20, 2011, 07:15:36 PM
No.
Typical Carlton Fan.

yes, there is heaps of upside about the bombers, if we can stay away from injuries and key injuries to key players.

Winderlich, Dempsey, Crameri, Lonergon all back.

And we have the best young CHF only at 21 years of age on Michael Hurley showing signs of breaking through this year, he will be hard to stop next year, Zaharakis also showed signes and is ready to breakthrough next year, if we draft right, trade smartly, top6 next year with ease.
Typical Q :P

I'd say that you guys are definitely on the up, but you only have 3 or 4 years to to win a premiership before Gold Coast reach their peak IMO, that being said, I can see the bombers being a premiership threat in 3 years

C-Dogg

LOL at Q

Look at this spine PEARS, HOOKER, WATSON, HURLEY, GUMBLETON

Maybe throw a fletcher or ryder in that spine too, scary eh??

but i think essendon need another 1 or 2 quality midfielders, im thinking they could trade a ruckmen, hille would be the guy i think and try get a good midfielder, no idea who but, guys??

Maca24

Quote from: C-Dogg on September 20, 2011, 08:28:40 PM
LOL at Q

but i think essendon need another 1 or 2 quality midfielders, im thinking they could trade a ruckmen, hille would be the guy i think and try get a good midfielder, no idea who but, guys??
Add Carlisle in there aswell. Hille should get traded, but he won't.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on September 20, 2011, 08:32:09 PM
Quote from: C-Dogg on September 20, 2011, 08:28:40 PM
LOL at Q

Add Carlisle in there aswell. Hille should get traded, but he won't.
Carlisle and Crameri have replaced Hooker and Gumby in the starting lineup ;). Still they've worked the Spine well especially once you chuck in Bellchambers/Hille as Ruck and Paddy rotating.

Midfielders and some more forward threats is what we're lacking (Forwards we've tried to build but probably need a medium forward who can be a marking target). We've drafted a few nice midfielders past few years and this draft seems full of Midfielders so will likely pick up another if not a forward.

Maca24

Running backman would be nice aswell, since Dempsey is more suited to a wing IMO.
Or a quarterback, like Suckling or Drummond mould.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on September 20, 2011, 09:40:59 PM
Running backman would be nice aswell, since Dempsey is more suited to a wing IMO.
He can't defend -_-. I'd much prefer him on the wings with Winderlich when they come back, JUST NOT DEFENCE ::).

Ziplock

flying up? no. flowering up? maybe :P

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 20, 2011, 10:14:41 PM
He can't defend -_-. I'd much prefer him on the wings with Winderlich when they come back, JUST NOT DEFENCE ::).
True that! Even a half forward flank is a possibilty.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on September 21, 2011, 05:13:13 PM
I agree. He can't defence but he can sure as hell run and attack. Why he plays off half back flank is a mystery to me. He's a liability unless he can work on his defence. But we have Heppell now :D.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 21, 2011, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on September 21, 2011, 05:13:13 PM
I agree. He can't defence but he can sure as hell run and attack. Why he plays off half back flank is a mystery to me. He's a liability unless he can work on his defence. But we have Heppell now :D.
Gotta love him  ;)
I like Hibberd a lot aswell. Hope he stays out of trouble as he is a good defender who can also get the footy.

Master Q

Well what are you guys aiming for. I'd say Top 6 is ruled out, with I'd say 5 sports already taken, plus you have to think of your inconsistency of late. Don't forget your older guys are always injured and you have a young team  ::)

pyronerd

Quote from: Master Q on September 21, 2011, 07:04:18 PM
Well what are you guys aiming for. I'd say Top 6 is ruled out, with I'd say 5 sports already taken, plus you have to think of your inconsistency of late. Don't forget your older guys are always injured and you have a young team  ::)
how is top 6 ruled out if only top 5 is taken?